2018 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 10, 2018, 09:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Might as well start this now, since we're now looking ahead to the draft
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 12, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
Interesting read.

Rogues Gallery: Every NFL Team's Most Hated Players

Ah, you gotta give Jim McMahon a break! Dude was completely entertaining. Some of the choices are spot on though, if you are old enough to remember Conrad Dobler play, that guy was one mean SOB.

BanzaiCat

I somehow missed that the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas. LOL

Wonder if the NFL is considering expanding the league even further. That'll just water down an already thin product.

mirth

I think the expansion they are really looking at is outside the US.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Yeah, that was another surprise, until I thought about it a bit. I figured London might be a leader since they do so many pre-season games there...and maybe Mexico City. Then I read up and saw Brazil and Japan are options, too.  :o

MetalDog

London has been getting regular season games for at least ten years.  Maybe more.  They had three, I think, last year.  If expansion out of the country is going to work, they are going to have to find enough regional partners to make a division.  Otherwise, going to Tokyo and coming back home, or Rio, or London, is going to cause a mutiny. 

The head of the NFLPA just said the other day that they are preparing for war at the next labor negotiations.  I believe those are in 2021.  And they have to sort out Thursday night games, quality of play and officiating, and replay, at the very least.  Oh, and what is a catch?!  If I was the players, I would give the owners expansion, or the ok to play regular season games in more locations outside the continental U.S., for everything else they are asking for.  And not a cent less.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

we'll re-stick this once we get closer to the season

Steelgrave

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

So, people here are not happy with the Browns picking Mayfield. Comparing him to Manziel.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on April 27, 2018, 03:09:48 PM
So, people here are not happy with the Browns picking Mayfield. Comparing him to Manziel.

yeah, but Mayfield can actually play

OJsDad

Is the attitude and off field issues that got people worried.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.