IRL (In Real Life) > Beer & Pretzels

A Few Thoughts on Scotch

<< < (3/11) > >>

Staggerwing:
Johnny Red is my usual go-to, though I'll splurge on some Black on occasion, and Dewers is indeed a nice fall-back for a lighter taste.

That being said, right now all I have in the house is a bottle of Bushmill's Irish Whiskey, also not bad.

Huw the Poo:
Nice thread, Airboy!

I tend to prefer single malt Scotch, however that's purely my taste and I have nothing against blends at all - it all comes down to the flavour.

That being said, I can wholeheartedly recommend a nice bottle of 12-year-old Chivas Regal, which has become kind of a go-to for me if I can't get my hands on any of the single malts I usually drink.  It's also not terribly expensive.

Staggerwing:
I don't think I've ever tried Chivas Regal, despite it being on every liquor store shelf right by the JW Red. I'll give it a go some time.

Airborne Rifles:
Thanks for this thread. Iíve started enjoying scotch too but so far only single malts. I agree on sweetness/peatiness thing. Iíll have to try some of these.

jamus34:
Nice thread

walker Red in a handle is my go to for volume / cost ratio.

Walker black is nice but not worth the premium over the red.

I prefer Islay scotch so when I have some pennies rubbing together without a home Iíll grab a bottle of Ardbeg 10 yr or Laphroaig 10 yr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version