IRL (In Real Life) > Beer & Pretzels

Shepherds Pie

(1/3) > >>

airboy:
My wife enjoys shepherds pie and uses a simple recipe.  Pound of browned, ground meat, can of vegall, and fresh mashed potatoes.  Good, but nothing special.

It has been made with beef, sausage, and bambi.  Good, but nothing unusual.

Then I bought half a lamb.  The same recipe with good ground lamb is simply outstanding.

I've put in an order for a whole lamb from the same farmer because it.has been excellent.

jamus34:
Sounds good. Id never get anyone else in my family to eat it but sounds good nonetheless.

Father Ted:

--- Quote from: airboy on May 29, 2020, 02:15:09 AM ---My wife enjoys shepherds pie and uses a simple recipe.  Pound of browned, ground meat, can of vegall, and fresh mashed potatoes.  Good, but nothing special.

It has been made with beef, sausage, and bambi.  Good, but nothing unusual.

Then I bought half a lamb.  The same recipe with good ground lamb is simply outstanding.

--- End quote ---

I think the clue's in the name

Dammit Carl!:
As usual, my family falls down into familiar sides w/regards to shepard's pie; my daughter and I like it and the Mrs. and son do not.

But, I daresay a more home-made version would have had a better chance of approval from at least the boy, I think.

Will have to drop by the butcher and get some lamb and try it out - so thanks for the tip!

W8taminute:
As a carnivore living in a house full of vegetarians my mouth is watering just from reading about your shepherds pie recipe. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version