Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming

Twilight 2000 - New Edition On KS

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dammit Carl!:
Gotcha.

Still stick by my GURPS suggestion.  Recall Millennium's End being crunchy and downright scary in terms of gunfights and the results thereof.

Silent Disapproval Robot:
Yup.  Had Milleniumís End too.  We started a campaign and were having fun with it when work took me overseas.  Took a 25 year hiatus from board/pen and paper gaming. 

Yskonyn:
Am I correct in reading that both books in the set are only a mere 100 pages?

Either the rules are skinny or there little fluff in that case, right?

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: Yskonyn on August 13, 2020, 12:14:03 AM ---Am I correct in reading that both books in the set are only a mere 100 pages?

Either the rules are skinny or there little fluff in that case, right?

--- End quote ---

I recall 1st edition being very thin.

What was 2nd edition?  About 200 pgs?

Nothing out of the norm.  I suppose that since it doesn't include a magic system, extensive world-backgrounds, or other similar subjects included in many RPGs, T2000 is mostly down to mechanics and equipment.

They're also adding Solo Play rules now, more setting/scenario stuff, and a new stretch goal is up for adding 50% equipment.   The page count is steadily going up.

Yskonyn:
Yeah the box set seems to be going to be fleshed out nicely, but the page count of the books bother me.
Also, while I commend then for making an all round package, I donít see myself solo-ing a tabletop RPG.
The setting is neat though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version