Digital Gaming > Ally/Opponent Finder

Proposal: Hegemony PBEM Game

(1/5) > >>

Tripoli:
It looks like RAND corporation has released Hegemony," a wargame designed to teach U.S. defense professionals how different strategies could affect key planning factors in the trade space at the intersection of force development, force management, force posture, and force employment."  https://www.rand.org/pubs/tools/TL301.html  I am thinking that it might be an interesting game to do an AAR.  So here is the question: Would a team of motivated, dedicated Grogs be willing to learn, play, and write an AAR on their experiences.  Although it is an expensive purchase ($250), I am willing to fund it. Please note that this is a tentative proposal.  I have a lot of work to do before I could firm it up, including reading the rules, determining if I could make a Table Top Simulator module, and actually buying the game.  If people are interested, I would ask the following:

1) This is a professional level wargame.  People would have to be willing to commit to playing it to completion and doing some relatively minor amount of writing about their strategy, etc
2) Ideally, players would have some level of experience (even if it is old) in the military or national security field.  As a minimum,  being an experienced gamer would be a requirement. 
3) While I would try to do the game virtually, it may be possible for people in the Northern Illinois/Wisconsin area to meet and play it.

So here is the question: In an attempt to gauge interest in this, is there anyone who would be willing and interested in trying this?  Right now, I am simply trying to gauge interest in whether this is worth my time and expense to pursue.

JasonPratt:
Interested, but it may depend on what else I'm currently doing; and also whether I'm even going to be competent at it!  :crazy2:

Even if I don't, I'd still help contribute some funding to a group play of it.  O:-)

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: JasonPratt on October 02, 2020, 07:59:35 AM ---Interested, but it may depend on what else I'm currently doing; and also whether I'm even going to be competent at it!  :crazy2:

Even if I don't, I'd still help contribute some funding to a group play of it.  O:-)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your kind offer IRT the funding.  I don't think I will need any right now, but I do appreciate it.  FYI, I've also reached out to some folks I know from my military days, some guys from my wargaming group, and the Georgetown University Wargaming society to see how much interest there is in this game.  Ideally I would like to get an eclectic group of professionals/DoD retirees, talented students and professional/amateur academics to go at it.  That way, we could possibly get some good brainstorming and insights, and publically demonstrate what games can do for for education and analysis, while having fun at it. 

Yskonyn:
Hows this progressing? Its way out of my league, but I am interested in following updates about it.

Tripoli:
Thanks for asking.  So far, only one person has indicated a desire to play.  I figure I need at least 5, so 3 more to go.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version