Pendragon: about 415 AD Somewhere in Britain

Started by MengJiao, September 03, 2021, 09:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So by the card and snapshot, things look okay for the provinces of the Saxon Shore -- but oh no...employing the Saxons might not be such a great idea even if they are relatively cheap and the Empire is falling apart really fast (Rome just got sacked by the Goths on schedule strangely enough) and funds are falling fast.  Still the Saxons might be a better buy than the Roman Army which has a more extensive agenda:

Gusington

Cool game...love the era and the geography. Was it pricey?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2021, 09:20:35 AM
Cool game...love the era and the geography. Was it pricey?

70 bucks on ebay.  Definitely not pricey these days.  Lots of good stuff in the monster box too!  The cardboard is heavy with this one and vis-versa

Gusington

Very cool. Solo play is fun? Who's the publisher?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2021, 10:22:04 AM
'

GMT- Pendragon- Fall of Roman Britain or something like that.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

I'm not sure about solo play using the flowcharts.  I've been using my usual "Not quite sure how the game works, try this, try that" method of solo play.  I tried getting in as a Saxon, but
ended up running the supposed local "Arthurian" types because the early situation and rules and cards and such are more complicated for them so...I neglected the Saxons and now...thanks to my
treachery, the Arthurians (the Britons proper, not the "Roman Army" and the Dux and not the Scotti and not the "Saxons") are doing well, though there is a coup by the army happening over there on the
table when I finish typing this.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 03, 2021, 02:14:17 PM

I'm not sure about solo play using the flowcharts.  I've been using my usual "Not quite sure how the game works, try this, try that" method of solo play.  I tried getting in as a Saxon, but
ended up running the supposed local "Arthurian" types because the early situation and rules and cards and such are more complicated for them so...I neglected the Saxons and now...thanks to my
treachery, the Arthurians (the Britons proper, not the "Roman Army" and the Dux and not the Scotti and not the "Saxons") are doing well, though there is a coup by the army happening over there on the
table when I finish typing this.

Well...things happened fast.  By the time the second and last "Epoch" for the intro scenario rolled around, the Scotti had already won an automatic victory.  I didn't notice til I tried to find the winner and found they must have won a few cards back.  I guess this says something for how the game can surprise you.  They were the faction I wasn't even paying any attention to.  I had the Britons doing very well, but they spent far too much on mercenaries and other warriors -- a strategy that might have payed off in a longer game but only got them a belated win in a short game where the Scotti scooted by unseen to victory.