2021 Matrix Holiday Sale Has Started

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 24, 2021, 05:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Sorry for the following negative waves about this years Matrix Sale but...

Rant on...

I'm sorry but browsing the sale catalog this year burned out many of my braincells that could have been sacrificed to the beer gods.  Is there anyway to filter that damn list so that only games are shown?  It's a major eyesore to have to visually tune out the dlc packs so that I can just focus on what games are on sale. 

Next, I'm so glad I didn't buy Warplan Pacific when it first came out.  To be honest I really like Warplan (the european front) when it came out.  After playing it a while though I got bored and have never touched the game since.  My advice to developers.  If you're going to do a ww2 grand strategy game do the whole world and not just one theater.  Because by the time you do come out with the other theater we don't really give an s anymore.  Too many games coming out too fast to be bothered to revisit a system that came out with half a theater in it.  But hey, at least they make a fast smash and grab on the suckers, like me, who bought the half game when it first came out. 

The thing is, the ww2 market is saturated.  Like I said, you want to do a grand strategy ww2 game then include the whole world, not just a part of it. 

Attention spans grow shorter the older we get.  And most hardcore grogs who like this kind of s are old. So just publish the whole world at war you developers you. 

LOL

Ok rant off...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

My 9th anniversary code was nerfed and I am waiting to get another one from Slitherine's help desk, so I can get CM: Cold War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

What is wrong with the Matrix site? Their support is responsive but now I got a 2nd code to try and it still doesn't work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 02, 2021, 03:07:35 PM
What is wrong with the Matrix site? Their support is responsive but now I got a 2nd code to try and it still doesn't work.

I've only had one time when I needed the Matrix site's assistance.  It was when I was having trouble with Field of Glory Empires recognizing my account.  It took Matrix several days and iterations of troubleshooting tips before they were finally able to solve the problem.  I don't know what your specific issue is however be patient and keep sending friendly reminders to whomever you're working with over there.  They seem to be a good bunch of people if not slow in fixing problems. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Mr Gus, a couple of things you could try:

clear out your browser caches (easy to do with ccleaner)
a different browser

...and as last resort type actions, try rebooting your PC, modem, and router.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^Hmm ok I am not against doing any of that, but everything else is working normally. Let's see...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Tried a different browser first, and that didn't work. Same error. I'm 99.9% sure it's something on their end :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

I finally bought CM Black Sea, just a few months ahead of the real thing apparently.   :D
My early 2021 discount worked.  Yay!

Toonces

Did you figure it out, Gus?

I'm getting "Error- Shopping Cart" every time I go to check out.

Edit:  Well that was weird.  I repeatedly got that error message, but apparently the first transaction worked despite the error message because I have all the games in my download info in my email.

Anyway, I did all my Xmas computer gaming purchases!

Command Cold War bundle (Northern Inferno and Red Tide)
Command Silent Service DLC
Combat Mission bundle: Cold War, Shock Force 2, Black Sea
Operational Art of War IV
War Plan bundle (WarPlan and WarPlan Pacific)

I actually tried to delete some of these games from my shopping cart after the first error, but I guess I own them now.   ::)  I really don't need/want Operational Art of War and I only wanted the Combat Mission Cold War module; I think I already have Shock Force 1 and Black Sea.  Oh well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Redwolf

Quote from: Uberhaus on December 04, 2021, 08:29:22 PM
I finally bought CM Black Sea, just a few months ahead of the real thing apparently.   :D
My early 2021 discount worked.  Yay!

Kewl.

How'd you like it?

Gusington

No, nothing worked. And I haven't heard back from Matrix.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2021, 04:16:16 PM
No, nothing worked. And I haven't heard back from Matrix.

It might do nothing, but have you tried using the Slitherine website instead of Matrixgames ? (you should be able to log in with what you use for Matrix)

https://www.slitherine.com/

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...and same result 'Error Shopping Cart'

:/ thanks anyway Pete

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

The Matrix site doesn't like my VPN. Perhaps if you are using one, turning it off might help.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.