Digital Gaming > Computer Gaming

Game of Thrones on Sale at Steam

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2012, 12:03:49 PM ---^Did you buy it yet?

I am justifying not buying it by reserving that 9.99 to go towards an upcoming title that I am pretty sure is set to be my favorite game of the last 10 years at least.

--- End quote ---

Not yet.  Probably when I get home tonight.

What game are you saving for?

Gusington:
Fall of the Samurai. I really think CA have hit the nail on the head for me with this one. It could be the culmination of 25 years of gaming.

I am just getting into my first campaign of Shogun 2 this week and I am just blown away. It is just - great, for lack of a better word...in new ideas brought in (like the philosophical tech trees) to the re-creation of 16th century Japan, to upgradeable generals, to combating pirates and trading with foreigners.

It took a series which was my favorite, fell out of that slot for a while, and brought it back to prominence. So much so that I am enjoying re-learning playing TW.

Sorry for the thread hijack. But when I am having this much fun, it's got to be something really special to take me away from it. For perspective, I stopped playing Skyrim (after 50 hours) to start a Shogun 2 campaign. I really think I could play Skyrim and Shogun 2 and nothing else for a very long time.

These two titles are great antidotes to those pesky sales that come up all the time :)

Jarhead0331:
^sounds like you've found your soul mate.

Gusington:
Every now and then I get a little nervous that I am falling out of love with pc gaming. Then something like Shogun 2 or Skyrim shows up and I calm the f down.

Sure it keeps me from working on the house or out in the yard/woods as much as I should be at least it's a pretty inexpensive hobby and keeps the old brain going :)

All I need to be able to do now is just get games on a whim without thinking it over to death.

Grim.Reaper:
Geesh...now I am tempted by this.....any feedback yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version