Digital Gaming > Computer Gaming

Kickstarter... the new way to publish games?

(1/1)

son_of_montfort:
After the rousing success of Tim Schafer for his new adventure game (maybe Psychonauts 2) it looks like it might be a viable avenue for other classic developers to resurrect the old greats into a new era.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun reports that developer Brian Fargo will likely set up a Kickstarter campaign for a whopping (puts finger next to mouth)... one million dollars! This money will be put toward creating a sequel to the classic hit Wasteland. This is good news for old gaming grogs like us who remember this predecessor to Fallout (I'll admit, I do not remember it, but I know what it is).

Anyway, check it out here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/16/brian-fargo-turning-to-kickstarter-for-wasteland-2/

I'm very excited, not only by this prospect but also that Kickstarter may be the way in which indies finally chuck the DRM-loving, money grubbing, non-supportive, console focused big publishers. The future looks very bright if this works out!

Gusington:
Wasteland is one of my favorite games of all time. If a true sequel could be made well, then Kickstarter could be electric mana from heaven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version