Digital Gaming > Computer Gaming

I want a turn based space strategy game with land combat now!!!

(1/4) > >>

W8taminute:
Ok here's the deal.

I'm really in the mood to have The Games Workshop make a turn based galactic conquest game for the PC.  I dream of running manufactorum throughout the galaxy whilst shuffling around fleets and landing Astartes on planets' surfaces.  Why can't someone make a game like this?

I'm so sick of only have real time chapter driven story driven nonsense shoved at me that the media calls strategy games.  How cool would it be to monitor monthly production, assign assets to units, then ship them off to conquer Orks?

Jarhead0331:
Have you tried Star Wars: Empire at War?

Martok:
Your sentiments echo those of a million space 4x gamers before you, my friend.  We've been waiting for a space strategy title with a decent land combat model for years now!  It's one of the Holy Grails of the sub-genre. 

--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 23, 2012, 02:20:21 PM ---Have you tried Star Wars: Empire at War?

--- End quote ---

It's not quite what I want (too linear), but it admittedly comes closer than most other games I've played. 

The ground combat in Imperium Galactica II: Alliances is about the only other one (at least that I've personally played) that approaches what I'd like to see. 

Jarhead0331:
Well, Emperor of the Fading Suns was superb...but it is, admittedly getting quite dated.

Jarhead0331:
Doh!  Although its fairly basic, Armada 2526 has land combat too...

...and, I really enjoy the ground combat aspect of a modded MOOIII.  I feel that it offers most of what I always looked for in a futuristic 4x game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version