Main Menu

Maps!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 02, 2017, 08:46:23 AM
Map of sci-fi genres?

Looks like a screenshot of Stellaris.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

^I'll take one ticket to Catgirl Empire if you please.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Especially if there's a stopover at Pleasure Planet.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Can we stop at the Planet of Hats on the way? I need a new toque.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

And, like, y'know, there's like, some groovy vibes comin' from the space hippie pad.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Probably still best to skip it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

This map shows the world divided into seven sections (each with a distinct color) each section containing 1 billion people:

This map shows (in white) where 98 percent of Australia's entire population lives:

It may not come as a surprise, but more people live inside the highlighted circle on this map, than outside of it:

This map shows what is on the other side of the world from where you're standing. For the most part, it's water:

Countries (in red) that have McDonald's:

This map shows the countries (in blue) where people drive on the left side of the road:

This map shows countries (in white) that England has never invaded (22, in the whole world):

The line on this map shows all of the world's Internet connections...in 1969:

This map shows the countries that heavily restricted Internet access in 2013:

This map shows (in red) countries that were all Communist at one point in time (and maybe, arguably, still are to an extent):

This map shows (in red) the countries that don't use the metric system (because we didn't get to THE MOON USIN' NO DAMN CENTIMETERS, SON):

This map shows (in blue) places where Google street view is available:

This map shows (in green) all the landlocked countries of the world:

And this is what the world would look like if all the countries with coast lines sank:

This is a map of the all the rivers in the United States:

And these are all the rivers that feed into the Mississippi River:

This is a map of who the highest-paid public employees are in  the U.S.:

This map shows how much space the United States would occupy on the moon:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 11, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

Iceland here I come!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Airborne Rifles

This map shows the world divided into seven sections (each with a distinct color) each section containing 1 billion people:

This map shows (in white) where 98 percent of Australia's entire population lives:

I actually use several of these in the course I teach.

It may not come as a surprise, but more people live inside the highlighted circle on this map, than outside of it:

This map shows what is on the other side of the world from where you're standing. For the most part, it's water:

This map shows the countries (in blue) where people drive on the left side of the road:

This map shows countries (in white) that England has never invaded (22, in the whole world):

The line on this map shows all of the world's Internet connections...in 1969:

This map shows the countries that heavily restricted Internet access in 2013:

This map shows (in red) countries that were all Communist at one point in time (and maybe, arguably, still are to an extent):

This map shows (in red) the countries that don't use the metric system (because we didn't get to THE MOON USIN' NO DAMN CENTIMETERS, SON):

This map shows (in blue) places where Google street view is available:

This map shows (in green) all the landlocked countries of the world:

And this is what the world would look like if all the countries with coast lines sank:

This is a map of the all the rivers in the United States:

And these are all the rivers that feed into the Mississippi River:

This is a map of who the highest-paid public employees are in  the U.S.:

This map shows how much space the United States would occupy on the moon:

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 11, 2018, 10:04:49 AM

Iceland here I come!

Don't worry, they have KFC  :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant