Game Forge > DIY

Photoshop for fun and game design

<< < (4/6) > >>

Jamm:
Stick with learning AI GJK, it will be worth it in the end.
If you look at the games out there, probably 90 % are made with AI.
But IMHO, most are very simple and uninspired.  Or what some might call functional  >:D

Once you have a vectored path, or closed path, you can add multiple layers of fills with various effects much like PS.
But the cool thing, when you manipulate it by moving points around, all of the artwork conforms to the new paths.
I'm constantly learning with the program and not close to using it to its full potential.

Agree with Banzai that its not very intuitive.  I still have a lot of wtf moments myself. :)

bayonetbrant:

--- Quote from: GJK on September 02, 2015, 04:46:07 AM ---To me, InDesign seems to be a close cousin to Illustrator- much more so than Photoshop.
--- End quote ---

InDesign was Adobe's attempt to merge the kinds of vector tools found in QuarkXpress into PageMaker.
It was designed to take on Quark and priced based on Adobe's original bundle model rather than Quark's (very expensive) multi-seat license model that made even individual purchases of Quark very expensive.
I probably don't need to tell you who won, eh? ;)

And with that, we can return to the "neat tricks with PhotoShop" intent of this thread.

bayonetbrant:

bayonetbrant:
there's a whole playlist of these

BanzaiCat:
That looks like CS2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version