Galaxy tablet weirdness

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 03, 2016, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

So I bought a Galaxy S2 tablet two weeks ago.  Up until last night, everything was functioning normally but suddenly, the tablet kept giving me "no network connection" error messages whenever I tried to use the App store, Gmail, or YouTube.  I could still access the internet and open other email services such as Yahoo.

Reset the router, same issue.  Went online in search of some tips and found that this was a fairly common issue.  I followed all the suggested steps (clear cache, roll back versions, etc, etc) but nothing worked.  I finally gave up and did a factory reset.  Got the same issue when I restarted.  I contacted their online chat support and they suggested a hard reset.  Again, same issue.

The store I bought the tablet from (Visions Electronics) is totally shit when it comes to returns and customer service, so I ended up having to send it back to a Samsung service centre.  Canada, being a 3rd world hellhole, has only one service centre in Ontario  (about 3,000 km away from where I live).

Anyone had any issues with their Galaxy thingies?

MikeGER

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II i9100  phone from 2011 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet from 2012  ...no problems yet  (replayed the exchangeable phone battery once but that's it)