Outlook 2007 and Windows 10

Started by Barthheart, June 22, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

I can't get hyperlinks in email messages in Outlook 2007 to work now that I've moved my wife to a newish Win10 machine.

I get this message:
This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

DoctorQuest

Some sort of Windows 10 security policy? Did you poke around at (God forbid) the Windows support site?

I get Office dirt cheap at work so was able to install Office 2016 on my wife's Win 10 machine and we've had no issues along these lines. (I know. Not helpful.)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

it could be a setting in Outlook that keeps you from clicking on hyperlinks
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on June 22, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
https://www.msoutlook.info/question/242

Thanks for the link.
I think I tried most of that except the regedit stuff... but my brain is still fever fogged so maybe I missed something.
Will try in the morning... if I don't go to work again....  :buck2: