Amazon Hikes Prime Annual Price

Started by mirth, April 26, 2018, 05:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Those bastards. Of course, I'll continue my Prime membership.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I'm going to get the $99 renewal rate for one more year. After that, I'll reconsider. Prime Video isn't all that great and the free 2-day shipping just makes me buy things I normally wouldn't. I do like Prime Music, but the best stuff is on Prime Unlimited which is an additional $8/mo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

They have to start building the war chest for when they start their own post office
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

I'll keep subbing.  :(

If Amazon is listening, I'd pay a heck of a lot more if it also came with complete browsing anonymity from their and everyone else's data mining gorillabots.  ^-^

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

It's the Internet. Everyone's listening.  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

This one might be the tipping point for me.

I don't purchase much on Amazon anymore except during the holidays and I can consolidate that to mostly 1 or 2 orders.

I use the video service and while it does have interesting fare here and there it's mostly forgettable.

Plus, the absolute gall that they announce the price increase as they also state record profit (not even earnings) rubs me the wrong way.

I have no cable so we've been using a combination of Prime, Hulu and Netflix for entertainment. Wifey likes Hulu as she has most their shows on it and Netflix is great for kids stuff. Guess who is the short stick.
Insert witty comment here.