what site are you using for image hosting?

Started by Con, October 31, 2017, 11:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

Since photo bucket crapped in its own bed and drove everyone away what site are people using for image hosting?  I am looking for simple just dont want to deal with too much ads and crap for some basic image hosting.

Thanks
Con

bayonetbrant

I mainly use Flickr, but I also pull some images over from Facebook.

The problem w/ FB is that they're regularly change/update URLs for the images, so eventually the link here will be no good.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Tiny Pic is good, too. I use it to host my AARs (when I'm writing them, lol).

http://tinypic.com/

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 01, 2017, 05:02:32 AM
I mainly use Flickr, but I also pull some images over from Facebook.

The problem w/ FB is that they're regularly change/update URLs for the images, so eventually the link here will be no good.
Another vote for Flickr.

I still cannot believe that Photobucket got away with that. They MUST have broke some law somewhere surely?

Like I said at the time - I'm not talking about them changing the terms and conditions - but that their change effectively broke everything everyone had signed up to previously. I just do not understand a) how they got away with it and b) how they're still running as a company
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

If anyone is using imgur for hosting, I strongly recommend the EasyImgur app - https://github.com/bkeiren/EasyImgur/tree/master/dist/Release

I have found using the standard imgur uploader problematic. It does not handle bulk uploads well and if it fails, you have to start over from the beginning. The EI app can sync with your account and runs the upload in the background. If it fails, it resumes from the last point in the upload.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus