Main Menu

Ghost of Tsushima

Started by jomni, June 14, 2018, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

"Assasins Creed" in Japan

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Totally missed this thread. I was hoping it might not be console exclusive, but looks like it will only be released on PS4.

Anyway, looks great. I've been waiting for a open world samurai game that takes itself seriously.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I am getting more and more of an itch to get a PS4 - started with Bloodborne. I still hold out hope that games like that will one day find their way on to the PS4 emulator service for PC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I posted a little bit about this in the Friday thread. This game is pretty much all i did this weekend. It is simply sensational. Fantastic story telling, missions that are nearly all interesting to play through and just enough loot and customization to get you hooked and keep you coming back for more. The combat is complex with multiple stances and techniques. There is a point system that is used to focus on perks that suit your play style. Swordsmanship, archery, stealth, etc. Enough options to provide the player with meaningful choice, but not too involved to slow down the action and overwhelm the system as an rpg. You can play as an honorable samurai, a cunning ronin, or a stealthy assassin. I don't think I've been this engrossed in a console game since Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Menace. It is definitely one of the finest games on ps4 and a fantastic way to close out the catalog of the system. If you can put aside the fact certain historical liberties have been taken, particularly with the mongol enemies, this is unquestionably a must buy title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Could you estimate how many hours of gameplay there are?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 07:51:27 PM

No, because I haven't finished it. I would say I'm 10 hours in and nowhere close to getting to the end of the main story. Keep in mind there are also side missions, goals, objectives, collections, artifacts and objects and special locations to find all over the place and random combat when traveling between destinations, all of which can be avoided or ignored, but unless I am laser focused on a main mission, I usually enjoy the diversions.

I'd be shocked if this is anything less than a 40-50 hour game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I can only hold out hope that Sony allows a PC port at some time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

IICptMillerII

Thanks for the thoughts JH! I've had my eye on this title for a while and I really wish I could play it. I really want to get the game, throw on some old but gold samurai movies to really get in the mood (Sword of Doom anyone?) and lay into the game.

I really wish this title would come out for PC, but I'm not holding out hope as of right now. I might have to buy it anyway and borrow a friends PS4 to play it.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 07:51:27 PM

Main Story        17½ Hours
    Main + Extras      40 Hours
    Completionist      93 Hours
    All Styles          23½ Hours

https://howlongtobeat.com/game?id=51225

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

That's good to hear JH that you don't feel totally overwhelmed.  Makes me feel better about taking a chance with this game.  (if I can find a physical copy of it)

I hated Red Dead 2 because although it was a beautiful looking game it just plain overloaded the senses with too much pointless distractions. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 12:33:57 PM
That's good to hear JH that you don't feel totally overwhelmed.  Makes me feel better about taking a chance with this game.  (if I can find a physical copy of it)

I hated Red Dead 2 because although it was a beautiful looking game it just plain overloaded the senses with too much pointless distractions.

I was overloaded with RD2, as well and have barely played it as a result. I do not feel that way with GoT at all!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk