Castle Itter -- sequel to Pavlov's House

Started by steve58, April 30, 2021, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Hopefully this means some of his other things (including Pavlov's House!) will be on the way eventually!

I also noticed that this is called part of the "DVG" franchise. It would sure be nice to see proper PC adaptations of DVG's stable of games...  :smitten: :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 12:07:58 PM
Hopefully this means some of his other things (including Pavlov's House!) will be on the way eventually!

I also noticed that this is called part of the "DVG" franchise. It would sure be nice to see proper PC adaptations of DVG's stable of games...  :smitten: :dreamer:

Pavlov house was already released on steam awhile ago.....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1531040/Pavlovs_House/

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2021, 12:07:58 PM

++1 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 06, 2021, 01:24:55 PM
Pavlov house was already released on steam awhile ago.....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1531040/Pavlovs_House/

Oh, yeah, I wasn't dreaming after all! -- I don't know why I didn't find that when I searched for it, though!  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philistine

Quote from: steve58 on April 30, 2021, 03:47:03 PM
...when German and American forces teamed up at the end of WWII.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1568240/Castle_Itter__The_Strangest_Battle_of_WWII/

It's really a fascinating story about the battle.  First time I'd ever heard of it was just reading about it on Tim Stone's new site (in the context of the game), and then googling it a bit.

Apparently, there is a movie in pre-production now about it, based on Stephen Harding's book:  The Last Battle: When U.S. and German Soldiers Joined Forces in the Waning Hours of World War II in Europe

--Philistine

Dammit Carl!

"Lions Led by Donkeys," podcast covered this event in an entertaining way - it's certainly something I never knew about.