First Rome II: Total War in game video

Started by TheCommandTent, September 26, 2012, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

I'm going to have dreams of Europa Barbarorum 3 tonight.....not that were likely to see that anytime soon for R2TW. I may have to break my vow to never get another TW game if this actually turns out to be good.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

I'm a realist...but that would be awesome. With Fall of the Samurai I really thought they were going to go forward into the late 19th century...with steam ships and trains and all. Oh well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I just don't think the TW game design works well for modern combat.  It works great with clashing sword and shield walls and lines of archers.  The Nappy game is pretty good but again the units are in a formation that you just don't see in modern warfare.  "Hey look!  It's a square of airborne infanty!  Quick form the line!" 

Gusington

I agree to an extent...Fall of the Samurai is solid. But then again it does have a varied mix of melee and more modern troop types. TW is at its best in the ancient or medieval era though. So Rome 2 should be "their best game yet" with everything they have learned.

I'm just a sucker for the Victorian era. And boobs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

I'm just happy they've got the elephants back again, English accents or not. :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

well it was for getting milk out, i never really thought of the benefit of doing 2 at once - although during those sex starved days of  post natal soreness i would have paid to watch her do that

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

And a subtle line in the sand has been crossed here today.

TheCommandTent

Wow, what a way to start the morning.  :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."