So when did a graphic designer....

Started by Centurion40, March 20, 2012, 01:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

You know I saw that link on CNN but didn't click it because I thought the above is what I was going to find.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 01:42:32 PM
You know I saw that link on CNN but didn't click it because I thought the above is what I was going to find.

+1
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Wow. 

This man must vomit rainbows & unicorns. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

Quote from: Martok on March 21, 2012, 04:44:40 AM
Wow. 

This man must vomit rainbows & unicorns.

the male equivalent of Suzanne Summers
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

Maybe in the poster he means that he and the little girl will never bomb Iran. Because the rest of Israel is definitely getting ready to get ready.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2012, 09:32:22 AM
Maybe in the poster he means that he and the little girl will never bomb Iran. Because the rest of Israel is definitely getting ready to get ready.

It comes down to a couple of things. When Israel feels the time is right, and secondarily, how unhappy Netenyahu is with Obama.

For some reason my gut tells me this will be a September surprise - timely enough to take out Iran's facilities, and yet will spike the price of oil just in time for the November elections in the US to be affected. By the time the markets settle down, the election will be over.

Call me crazy, but that's what my spidey sense tells me.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2012, 10:10:22 AM
^Resulting in a GOP win?

'zactly.

We don't really know exactly how insulted the Israelis feel, but if they really feel screwed that's where my money is.

W8taminute

Interesting theory, and one that makes sense.  To me anyway.  Kill two birds with one stone. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Iranian birds? If so I'm in even if the guy in the image at top isn't.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: LongBlade on March 21, 2012, 09:58:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 21, 2012, 09:32:22 AM

It comes down to a couple of things. When Israel feels the time is right, and secondarily, how unhappy Netenyahu is with Obama.

For some reason my gut tells me this will be a September surprise - timely enough to take out Iran's facilities, and yet will spike the price of oil just in time for the November elections in the US to be affected. By the time the markets settle down, the election will be over.

Call me crazy, but that's what my spidey sense tells me.

You are crazy.  ;)

I think this is all bluster. Jon Stewart made an interesting joke a week or so back but it did highlight a reality. All three of these powers, the US, Israel, and Iran are in election years. This takes all the rhetoric to a higher level. For some reason, the US media only reports the anti-Iran rhetoric coming out of Israel, but there is a significant proportion of Israeli politicians NOT wanting hostility with Iran. Remember, Netenyahu does not rule by fiat any more than Obama, so the Israeli government will to make the decision.

My thought is that the aggressive talk is to placate the war-hawks in all three countries before the elections come up. If we are lucky, none of these politicians will make the leap from threats to placate voters to reality.

Personally, my belief is that opening hostilities has too many risks to human life to pull off a political point in the way you describe. Who knows? Politicians have done stranger things over less.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Keunert

Stewart's guest also pointed to a sad mechanism: a strike would give the more and more unpopular regime a boost. it would be difficult to critizise them without being called a traitor
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Keunert on March 22, 2012, 06:20:00 PM
Stewart's guest also pointed to a sad mechanism: a strike would give the more and more unpopular regime a boost. it would be difficult to critizise them without being called a traitor

That is an interesting point. I missed that. Solidarity against a common threat is certainly something that is real.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert