Sturm Ruger Sales Thru the Roof

Started by LongBlade, March 23, 2012, 08:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Anyone get the reference?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^Excellent. And as far as I know it was not homo-erotically linked in the movie.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, as they say.  ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

Well it was a team effort to bring the inner fairy out of that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 23, 2012, 10:23:55 AM
^ so if we stop paying you, you'll go away?!

They did miss the conference call last night. Maybe it was practice?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

There was a conference call last night??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2012, 10:39:51 AM
There was a conference call last night??

Well, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a conference call if Brant Skypes just me.

Jarhead0331

Yea...seriously.  You'd have higher attendance on conference calls if you actually provided notice BEFORE the call.  Just a suggestion.  :P
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 10:46:17 AM
Yea...seriously.  You'd have higher attendance on conference calls if you actually provided notice BEFORE the call.  Just a suggestion.  :P

You might want to sniff around Sub Rosa before getting too indignant or anything... ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on March 23, 2012, 10:47:46 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 10:46:17 AM

You might want to sniff around Sub Rosa before getting too indignant or anything... ;)

You think grogheads is my only client?  I'm a busy man. Besides, I'm not sniffing anything down there.  It smells like a combination of sweaty feet and buttholes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2012, 10:03:41 AM
^Sounds like the firearm version of me.

Please please please do not go anywhere near my pocket.  Thank you.
Apologies for dragging the thread even further OT, but I would like to thank Jarhead for my biggest laugh-out-loud moment this week so far.  Well done, sir! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2012, 10:51:03 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2012, 10:03:41 AM
^Sounds like the firearm version of me.

Please please please do not go anywhere near my pocket.  Thank you.
Apologies for dragging the thread even further OT, but I would like to thank Jarhead for my biggest laugh-out-loud moment this week so far.  Well done, sir!

I was going to make a vaguely off-color reference to a pocket protector but it seemed like it would have been too easy.

We all know Jarhead uses an HP logo'd pocket protector in all of his Armani suits and is proud of it.

son_of_montfort

I don't know why, but this news is really troubling to me. Probably nothing. But I'm not so much afraid of a repeat of Germany in the 1930s but France in 1789.

Anyway, gun rights seem pretty safe. As long as they are only "stocking up" and not planning for some armed revolution based on paranoia of what might happen rather than what is happening (sure if the government REALLY tries to get oppressive, that's legitimate, if still an awful thing to think about).

Or it could be some excellent marketing by the gun companies. We sure there isn't some sort of kick-back deal with Obama?  ;)
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2012, 10:23:42 AM
Jesus! Grogheads has someone on its payroll responsible for homosexual innuendo? What kind of outfit did I join?

I am gobsmacked!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.