Imperium Galactica II for iPad

Started by Kushan, March 31, 2012, 09:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Saw over at Space Sector that its now available for iPad.

QuoteAttention on deck! Digital reality has just made his 4X real-time strategy game hit, Imperium Galactica II, available on the App Store, exclusively for the iPad.

Imperium Galactica II – Alliances is undoubtedly one of the space 4X game' landmarks, and it happens to be also one of my favorites. Although its real-time mechanics were not new on a 4X game, they were undoubtedly a good step on innovating the genre, that by then (in early 2000) was ruled by turn-based titles like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri or Star Trek: The Birth of the Federation.

One of Imperium Galactica II' more memorable features was its colony development, that was outstandingly complex and deep for a 4X game, and you could even see and control ground combat on the planet colonies on a typical RTS fashion. But there is also all the typical 4X elements like ship design, spying, research, diplomacy and space combat. If you have an iPad and love 4X games you can miss this one. Grab it now on iTunes!

I never played the original, but I think I' going to buy it for my new iPad.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

Nice!  Almost makes me want to get an iPad. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Ulfang

Getting it now. I loved the game on the PC and, of course, this won't be quite the same it looks very nice and I don't have any space games. It might get me away from Camelot as well for a while.
Xfire: Ulfang
Steam/PSN/Xbox: Gavmundo

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on March 31, 2012, 11:46:17 AM
Nice!  Almost makes me want to get an iPad.

Same here... :P

I use a netbook for my travels and would to see this coming to GOG....