Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

taking a break from flashpoint for some mindless zombie shooting.... shooting zombies never gets old to me ;D

bullet away

manage to capture a sequence

crotch shot

fish in a barrel
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 02, 2013, 06:52:33 PM
Are there historical engagements in War Thunder?

Yes, if you join the "Historical Battles" mode games.  The flight modelling is better in those, too, although you spend a lot more time taking off, climbing, searching, and RTB'ing than "Arcade" mode. 

They also only host one (or maybe two now?) specific battles every day, or for a few days, before switching.  So not only are there only a specific two nationalities available at any one time, you also must have one of the specific aircraft models unlocked in your 'hangar'.  Although right now they're running an anniversary special so there's just some axis vs allies noob-tier planes in the historical battles this weekend, IIRC.  Might be a good time to check it out.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on November 02, 2013, 07:47:29 PM

Yes, if you join the "Historical Battles" mode games.  The flight modelling is better in those, too, although you spend a lot more time taking off, climbing, searching, and RTB'ing than "Arcade" mode. 

They also only host one (or maybe two now?) specific battles every day, or for a few days, before switching.  So not only are there only a specific two nationalities available at any one time, you also must have one of the specific aircraft models unlocked in your 'hangar'.  Although right now they're running an anniversary special so there's just some axis vs allies noob-tier planes in the historical battles this weekend, IIRC.  Might be a good time to check it out.

Sounds fun.  I just got the latest IL-2 1946 to put the SB-2 in the imaginary sky over an imaginary Guadalajara 1937.  Here SB-2 N0. 1 is getting away while No.2's bombs hit a fuel convoy.

WallysWorld

Soviets attacking an insurgent held village in the 1980 Soviet campaign for Combat Mission: Afghanistan.

Infantry waiting at the village wall for the artillery strike to hit. BMP-1's in the background:

Spotted insurgent overlooking Soviets at opposite gate:

Two man recon team inside the village, but under fire from nearby buildings:
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

RooksBailey

^ Those screenies remind me how much I am looking forward to Battlefront doing a Cold War gone hot game.  8)

Here is one from Scourge of War (touched up).  My brigade marching to war just outside of Gettysburg:

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 03, 2013, 02:34:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 02, 2013, 07:47:29 PM

Sounds fun.  I just got the latest IL-2 1946 to put the SB-2 in the imaginary sky over an imaginary Guadalajara 1937.  Here SB-2 N0. 1 is getting away while No.2's bombs hit a fuel convoy.

On to the Dark Blue World mod of Il-2 1946.  Here is a I-16 with a US Cyclone Engine in the colors of a French Bizert Squadron over its Republican Insignia.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 08, 2013, 10:16:28 PM

On to the Dark Blue World mod of Il-2 1946.  Here is a I-16 with a US Cyclone Engine in the colors of a French Bizert Squadron over its Republican Insignia.

More Dark Blue World.  Here a dangerous Fokker, having dumped its bombs, escapes from some early Buffalos.

Staggerwing

Why is it fighting Buffalos? Shouldn't it be Bf-109s or (had the G1b been stationed in the DEI) Zeros?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 08, 2013, 11:19:10 PM
Why is it fighting Buffalos? Shouldn't it be Bf-109s or (had the G1b been stationed in the DEI) Zeros?

Civil War in the DEI?  Or Indochina with Mercenaries (like the Flying Tigers).  After reading about the early days of WWII all over the world, it seems like almost any Non-Axis plane might end up anywhere (Buffalos, JU-86, Marylands, Hawk-75s for example).

Staggerwing

Quote from: MengJiao on November 09, 2013, 07:44:54 AM

Civil War in the DEI?  Or Indochina with Mercenaries (like the Flying Tigers).  After reading about the early days of WWII all over the world, it seems like almost any Non-Axis plane might end up anywhere (Buffalos, JU-86, Marylands, Hawk-75s for example).

Interesting. The Buffalos (known as Brewster B-339s) were used only by the Dutch, Americans, British, and Australians in that region so a Civil War (or a Vichy- style Axis puppet state in the DEI) would be the most likely scenarios.

Little trivia snippet: one particular Brewster B-339 flown by the Finnish AF might actually be the airplane with the highest kill rate of any country during the Second World War when you add up all it's kills under each pilot that flew that specific airplane during it's lifespan.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 09, 2013, 07:44:54 AM

Or Japanese Alien Space Nazi Secret Weapons like this thing:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 10, 2013, 04:29:41 PM

The Most advanced aircraft in Dark Blue World 1.71 (the Mig-17) could not shoot down the Japanese Alien Space Nazi Secret Weapon:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 10, 2013, 04:34:02 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 10, 2013, 04:29:41 PM

The Most advanced aircraft in Dark Blue World 1.71 (the Mig-17) could not shoot down the Japanese Alien Space Nazi Secret Weapon:

The Panther got some hits after I did some Sci-Fi, "Doctor LoveOcean says shut off the engine and close your eyes until the sound of the air buffet shows you are getting low."  Here we see the Japanese Alien Space Nazi Secret Weapon with Panther exhaust trails close behind it: