Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Martok on January 06, 2014, 10:35:50 AM
Nice.  So who's next on Sauron's "list"?  East Osgiliath?

Well East Osgiliath is one of the Orcs starting cities but it was taken from me by Gondor.  Just before I assaulted Henneth Annun I retook East Osgiliath.  Now that I have captured the two approaches to Minas Tirith I am all set to attempt to take that city.  We'll see how it goes.  I have a spy embedded in Minas Tirith now and I'm going to try to bring up an assassin to either take out the general or at least damage some of the buildings.

Nefaro nice shots of WOFF.  I really like the look of that game.  How is the immersion?  Do you feel like you are in the time period?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 06, 2014, 03:38:48 PM

Nefaro nice shots of WOFF.  I really like the look of that game.  How is the immersion?  Do you feel like you are in the time period?

Absolutely.

Probably the best dynamic campaign I've experienced in a flight sim when it comes to immersion.

Capn Darwin

Please stop with the WOFF shots.  :'( Your twisting my arm. Hard. I will crack at some point and get it... I can feel it...
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

RooksBailey

Still into making wallpaper from whatever game I am playing. Getting a bit tired of Wargame: AirLand Battle, so I have moved on to Scourge of War: Antietam:

In the last game, I played Col. Alfred Cummings, leading Wilcox's Brigade. This was a shot of me leading my men towards our objective. I liked the big, somewhat foreboding, white house that greeted us as we marched up the road. I also liked the fact that with a few touches, I managed to give the sky/lighting a real fall look, which is fitting for Antietam. The battle went well for my militia. We had a hand in stopping the Union from advancing.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

TheCommandTent

^That is an awesome screenshot!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

RooksBailey

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 08, 2014, 08:00:45 AM

Thanks so much!  They were so neat and orderly.  Then this happened:

LOL!  It was a tough fight - the Union artillery was killing us.  But we managed to work our way up the field and eventually force the Union arty to withdrawl.  We had the battle at that point.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 03:59:29 PM

+1. Almost enough to make me buy.

Almost?  Almost?!?  What more need I do?  :D

But seriously, Scourge of War is the best ACW game I ever played, and probably the best RTS game, too!  The free-form sandbox battles, combined with the excellently paced real time battles just makes for a fantastic package.  I hope we get word this year on how SoW 2 is coming along. 

Kushan

Its good to be the emperor

Burgundy's king died in battle, leaving Burgundy to collapse. Since they had provinces that where part of the HRE, I (Austria (White) got a claim on the throne.

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 03:59:29 PM

+1. Almost enough to make me buy.

I am shocked you don't own Scourge of War, Jarhead.  That series is some of the best wargaming available.

Give it a try.  I really don't think you'll regret the purchase at all (and it's on sale at Matrix for another 3 or 4 days).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ComradeP

In a way, seeing footage or screenshots of those World War I flight sims messes with your perception of the war, as for the majority of the participants on the Western Front after the first major battles and artillery tore up the countryside, the war's scenery consisted of a partially nightmarish lunar landscape. However, just a few kilometers to either side of the front, depending on whether the area was fought over, the countryside consisted of the usual idyllic farmfields and small towns. It can be a strange thought.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

undercovergeek

Quote from: Kushan on January 11, 2014, 02:47:09 AM
Its good to be the emperor

Burgundy's king died in battle, leaving Burgundy to collapse. Since they had provinces that where part of the HRE, I (Austria (White) got a claim on the throne.

Very nice..... kicking mine off soon

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on January 06, 2014, 03:38:48 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 06, 2014, 10:35:50 AM
Nice.  So who's next on Sauron's "list"?  East Osgiliath?

Well East Osgiliath is one of the Orcs starting cities but it was taken from me by Gondor.  Just before I assaulted Henneth Annun I retook East Osgiliath.  Now that I have captured the two approaches to Minas Tirith I am all set to attempt to take that city.  We'll see how it goes.  I have a spy embedded in Minas Tirith now and I'm going to try to bring up an assassin to either take out the general or at least damage some of the buildings.

Cappodicia gets invaded by Pontus

Martok

^  Ah yes.  That sight is a comfortingly familiar one.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

MengJiao that screenshot is simply gorgeous!  I really wish they would make a LOTR mod for Rome II. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk