Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

is it a trader or a story led blaster game?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 07, 2014, 02:12:42 AM
is it a trader or a story led blaster game?

When it is complete, it will be both. It will be an open world trading sim with both mp and sp options and it will have a sp story driven campaign.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Toonces on June 06, 2014, 09:21:34 PM
That looks suitably awesome.

Agreed.  This is one game to watch for sure, just because of the sheer scope. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Opening salvo of WW3!!!

Oh my! What a massive scenario.  This is the start of a 161-turn John Tiller Modern Campaign "scenario" that combines all its previous titles into one giant theatre.
Looks like this will take a while to finish.  I was actually planning on revisiting WITP but this came in the way.

Rayfer

Holy crap jomni...what a huge monster game!  I didn't realize it until I saw the screenshot was only that little red-boxed corner on the 'jump map'.  Good luck!

BanzaiCat

I can barely keep track of a 'normal' Tiller scenario, much less a monster like that. It's been a long while since I've played a game that big...Red Lightning comes to mind.

jomni

Quote from: Rayfer on June 11, 2014, 08:25:09 AM
Holy crap jomni...what a huge monster game!  I didn't realize it until I saw the screenshot was only that little red-boxed corner on the 'jump map'.  Good luck!

I have already spent one hour on this and I have only given commands to half of the frontline troops.
Luckily the rear troops are frozen for now.  I'm playing as NATO on the defensive.

Rayfer

Quote from: jomni on June 11, 2014, 09:15:33 AM

I have already spent one hour on this and I have only given commands to half of the frontline troops.
Luckily the rear troops are frozed for now.  I'm playing as NATO on the defensive.

AAR?  Just a suggestion!

jomni

Great idea. But I don't usually write detailed AARs so it won't be any literary masterpiece.

GDS_Starfury

if you need pointers feel free to reference my PitF article.   :buck2:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on June 11, 2014, 09:15:33 AM

Luckily the rear troops are frozen for now.  I'm playing as NATO on the defensive.

I started that same scenario up once.   ONCE.

Then moved back to the smaller ones.   I would like to try it as the Pact forces sometime, if I don't go running piss-scared when I see it again.

Nefaro

1st Paras move toward Arnhem as night begins to fall on the first day.

Jarhead0331

I recognize that guy from the old V For Victory box art.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 12, 2014, 01:40:07 PM
I recognize that guy from the old V For Victory box art.

Me 2.  Great series btw from back in the day.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Those graphical mods have really made the HPS games more enjoyable for me.  I didn't think it would change my enjoyment of the game that much, but it certainly has.  Especially since my eyes don't feel like they're bleeding from the old bright ass over-saturated colors in the originals.  O0

As far as hex & counter wargames go, on the computer, the HPS Panzer & Modern Campaigns series are some of the most fun.  They're relatively straightforward, as is the UI.  The vanilla graphics were a big negative, and having so many full-price versions can put a hit on your wallet if you want some variety.  But they've become my go-to Hex & Counter wargame, more so with these excellent graphics mods.