Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

It's definitely a platformer with a little bit of puzzle solving thrown in.  I played the demo and liked the game but not enough to buy it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

Thx W8. I wasn't aware there was a demo.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Nothing great gameplay-wise.  But I'm in it for the story and the additional WWI tid bits that come with it.

W8taminute

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 12, 2014, 06:58:26 AM

You're welcome.  Unfortunately though the only demo I could find are available on Xbox or Playstation.  I don't think there is a PC demo.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Staggerwing

Quote from: W8taminute on July 12, 2014, 10:43:23 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 12, 2014, 06:58:26 AM

You're welcome.  Unfortunately though the only demo I could find are available on Xbox or Playstation.  I don't think there is a PC demo.

I'll check the PS3 tonight for the demo.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2014, 11:00:12 PM
that post wins the acronym sentence of the month.

No Acronyms here.  This is Stan and his jeep from Heroes and Generals:

W8taminute

^Cool pic.  I played that game when it came out but haven't played in a long time.  I know that it has evolved significantly since I last played.  Maybe I should give this one a try again.

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 15, 2014, 07:53:31 AM
^Cool pic.  I played that game when it came out but haven't played in a long time.  I know that it has evolved significantly since I last played.  Maybe I should give this one a try again.

It's an odd mix of arcadey action and vaguely interesting complexities.  For example, I finally figured out how to get the jeep in the game, but I can't figure out how to fire the LMG: did I forget the ammo?  Push C enough times?  Have I failed to unlock LMGs?

Tinkershuffle

Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2014, 08:25:35 AM
It's an odd mix of arcadey action and vaguely interesting complexities.  For example, I finally figured out how to get the jeep in the game, but I can't figure out how to fire the LMG: did I forget the ammo?  Push C enough times?  Have I failed to unlock LMGs?

Maybe a stupid question but have you been on the gunner's seat?

MengJiao

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 15, 2014, 10:33:09 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2014, 08:25:35 AM

Maybe a stupid question but have you been on the gunner's seat?

That's actually a good question.  I hit C which switched me out of the drivers seat...but maybe I needed to hit C again or something.  I tried "E" for enter, but of course that made me jump out of the jeep.  Whereupon I think the scenario ended in a US victory.  Not due to my efforts.  Next time I'll try getting the LMG to work before I'm in a shooting situation.

Tinkershuffle

Ok, if the gun and crosshair haven't been in front of you there's a good chance you haven't been there. :) I haven't really tried that changing seats thing, the gun is automatically manned if you jump on a jeep that has a driver. I'm not exactly sure how that goes when going solo..

MengJiao

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 15, 2014, 11:03:57 AM
Ok, if the gun and crosshair haven't been in front of you there's a good chance you haven't been there. :) I haven't really tried that changing seats thing, the gun is automatically manned if you jump on a jeep that has a driver. I'm not exactly sure how that goes when going solo..

Interesting.  Must try hitting c a few more times next time I get a jeep.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2014, 11:53:05 AM

The key is: hit c and then mouse scroll to change the default driving view (3rd person) to the shooting view (1st person).  Then you get a target circle and I guess if you hit the aim button (right mouse) you'll aim the MG.  More on how this turned out in the thread about the game.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 17, 2014, 08:40:06 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 15, 2014, 11:53:05 AM

The key is: hit c and then mouse scroll to change the default driving view (3rd person) to the shooting view (1st person).  Then you get a target circle and I guess if you hit the aim button (right mouse) you'll aim the MG.  More on how this turned out in the thread about the game.

Jeep's working fine.  Stan here is about to capture a barn single-handed and win the map.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro
T80 Firing on M2A2.....

The result!

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying