Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Work in progress.  Fukuoka Airport version 2 for X-Plane.

Jarhead0331

ARMA II still has life in her yet...

Meet the AH64D Apache Longbow

Imagine stepping into this office for work everyday...

Outstanding training campaign

Online manual

Overview

PNVS and TADS

Horsepower

Yummy

ALQ-144 IR Jammer

ALQ-136 IR Jammer

Firepower

Inside the office

Quick familiarization flight

So far so good

Port side. Looking good.

Got to figure out how to shut the pilot HUD system off for screen shots
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
ARMA II still has life in her yet...

Meet the AH64D Apache Longbow

Imagine stepping into this office for work everyday...

Umm... YES PLEASE!

I wish there was a newer dedicated Sim on par with EECH's Mod level of fidelity.  The graphics on that thing is really showing it's age, especially the ground geometry modelling.  :-[

I keep hearing that DCS has one planned, but it'll probably be one of their hi-fi button pushers.  Better than nothing I suppose, but I'd trade less interactive cockpit buttons for a better dynamic campaign any day.

I doubt whether the ARMAII mod is quite up to EECH's level of detail though.  I tend to look at the ARMAs as just an infantry sim with basic vehicle stuff tacked on.

jomni

After my X-Plane fight, my CH yoke is still plugged in. I had this crazy idea of firing up Steel Beasts and use the yoke for gunnery.  Results were not bad after a few rounds.  But it didn't make me a better gunner.  I still prefer the mouse and keyboard.

Staggerwing

Jomni,
Are the rudder levers on that CH yoke just switches (like racing wheel gear shifters) or do they allow you to vary the amount of rudder input? I have the older CH yoke without any rudder function and have thought about getting pedals but that looks easier.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:13:06 AM
Jomni,
Are the rudder levers on that CH yoke just switches (like racing wheel gear shifters) or do they allow you to vary the amount of rudder input? I have the older CH yoke without any rudder function and have thought about getting pedals but that looks easier.

It is a proper rudder axis so you can vary the amount of pressure.  When you press one side forward, the other moves towards you.
This is the only yoke I've seen that has a rudder.  Rudder pedals take a lot of space.

Staggerwing

Thanks. I may have to plan for an upgrade next year.

I wonder what I can get for my regular yoke if I sell it first for seed money.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Skoop

Nice Jomni, I was thinking about a flight yoke in SB the other day.  Its the closest thing to a replica handle set that mimics the real turret controls.  I just don't have a yoke to test it, but nice to know it works.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 14, 2014, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2014, 11:00:12 PM
that post wins the acronym sentence of the month.

No Acronyms here.  This is Stan and his jeep from Heroes and Generals:

And Stan drives a truck!

W8taminute

Go Stan go!  That looks like a farm truck though and not a military vehicle. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2014, 02:36:14 PM
Go Stan go!  That looks like a farm truck though and not a military vehicle.

The game calls it "Civilian Truck" and it is to be found around some spawn points along with bicycles.  It can take some hits and offers some protection from being hit by low-flying planes -- I mean they have to at least shoot at it or drop a bomb on it, they can't just cut me down with their wings (as happened to me yesterday).  The truck would seem to require your average Bf 109G to either crash suicidally or at least use some ammo.  For me in the game, planes are like snipers; I don't bother thinking much about either one since they are always around and if you worried about them much you wouldn't leave your initial spawn.  I do take some elementary precautions such as driving a truck or ducking when looking around or recovering stamina.

W8taminute

So now they've added civvie vehicles in addition to the bicycles I remember.  Very cool and realistic if you think about it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Asid

DCS Huey

How low an you go?

Inverted
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2014, 05:46:32 PM
So now they've added civvie vehicles in addition to the bicycles I remember.  Very cool and realistic if you think about it.

What realism there is in HG is pretty spotty.  It is nice to have trucks and bikes to ride.  When I take a jeep, I'm usually hunting tanks.  Ironically (and/or strangely enough) the only tank I've killed so far was one of those Czech tanks and I got it with a sticky bomb to the back end, not with the panzerfausts that come with a jeep.