Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Broke down and purchased the PMDG 777 with 300 expansion.   Did a couple of flights and then a long haul EGKK - KLGA with the 777-200.... there is the 300 being taken out for a spin.... shortly after I experienced a  MSVCR80.DLL crash so I have to trouble shot that error... have not had a error in a long long time.  I believe it may be due to some FSX software I was messing with or the increased LOD Radius.... but after reading all signed point to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package issue so one of the add-ons I was messing with may have messed the install up....

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on July 20, 2014, 08:11:48 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2014, 05:46:32 PM
So now they've added civvie vehicles in addition to the bicycles I remember.  Very cool and realistic if you think about it.

What realism there is in HG is pretty spotty.  It is nice to have trucks and bikes to ride.  When I take a jeep, I'm usually hunting tanks.  Ironically (and/or strangely enough) the only tank I've killed so far was one of those Czech tanks and I got it with a sticky bomb to the back end, not with the panzerfausts that come with a jeep.

Panzerfausts.. In a Jeep?  What sorcery is this?!

You'd think a bazooka would be more appropriate.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on July 21, 2014, 08:55:18 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 20, 2014, 08:11:48 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2014, 05:46:32 PM
So now they've added civvie vehicles in addition to the bicycles I remember.  Very cool and realistic if you think about it.

What realism there is in HG is pretty spotty.  It is nice to have trucks and bikes to ride.  When I take a jeep, I'm usually hunting tanks.  Ironically (and/or strangely enough) the only tank I've killed so far was one of those Czech tanks and I got it with a sticky bomb to the back end, not with the panzerfausts that come with a jeep.

Panzerfausts.. In a Jeep?  What sorcery is this?!

You'd think a bazooka would be more appropriate.

It's sort of a convention of the genre.  For example in the original Red Orchestra, there were panzerfausts at all the resupply locations.
I think the balancing idea is that putting a bazooka in a jeep would give the players an option that would be so universal as not to be an option at all.  So when you load up your jeep, you can only put in resupply boxes (infantry ammo, health things, and AT weapons -- no really useful stuff like AT grenades or Bazookas).  I've quit spawning jeeps as a rule, though I might try them as AA weapons.
   I did however, get the bazooka and it turns out you can carry an M1 and 80 rounds (=10 reloads) AND a bazooka with 4 rockets.  So that's my set up.  At close range, the SMGs kill me and the Kubelwagons run over me and at long range the BF-109s, tanks and snipers kill me -- BUT at say 100 meters or so -- I can occcasionally kill Germans.  I've yet to hit anything much with the bazooka, but it is fun to shoot the thing.
  You can also use one weapon you pick up, so I've had various German weapons for a minute or two.  They aren't really in your inventory, so once you switch to something, they are gone -- near as I can tell.  Panzerfausts work the same way, I think.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

T62 direct hit to turret

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tuna

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 21, 2014, 08:27:51 AM
Broke down and purchased the PMDG 777 with 300 expansion.   Did a couple of flights and then a long haul EGKK - KLGA with the 777-200.... there is the 300 being taken out for a spin.... shortly after I experienced a  MSVCR80.DLL crash so I have to trouble shot that error... have not had a error in a long long time.  I believe it may be due to some FSX software I was messing with or the increased LOD Radius.... but after reading all signed point to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package issue so one of the add-ons I was messing with may have messed the install up....

Wish I could afford that baby!.. My son doesn't really have to go to college does he?  :(

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:47:24 AM
I wonder what I can get for my regular yoke if I sell it first for seed money.

you would have to call a sperm bank to find out.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 23, 2014, 08:07:04 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:47:24 AM
I wonder what I can get for my regular yoke if I sell it first for seed money.

you would have to call a sperm bank to find out.

Quit yoking around.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Why, I oughta throttle you.

PanzersEast

The 777 is back in the air.....

PE

Rayfer

PE...those are some stunningly beautiful screenshots of the 777.  You must have some ultra-high end rig.  I'm jealous.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Rayfer on July 25, 2014, 09:43:59 AM
PE...those are some stunningly beautiful screenshots of the 777.  You must have some ultra-high end rig.  I'm jealous.

Thanks Rayfer, my PC is about a year old and was less than $900 USD and OC'd.  I have had some tweaks and balancing but overall I am happy with the results.  I am getting ready to do some cross country VOR to VOR flights with the A2A Cherokee possibly.

PE

jomni

OMG! Those screens are great!  Don't make me move back to FSX.

Skoop

Man those do look good, makes me want to run out and get started with FSX.

jomni

I'm done with my airport (Fukuoka).  Sharing it with the X-Plane community.

PanzersEast

Nice work jomni, I know that took a lot of work!

Here is a cross country flight in Germany flying VORs.