Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Nef gets distracted by enemy infantry while moving at high speed through a village.  Then comes a little surprise from the opposite direction.   :buck2:

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Challenger 2 Peek a boo.

T62 Ressupply
War in Pieces

RooksBailey

All this talk about Elite: Dangerous got me thinking:  don't I already have a space game that features dog fighting and planetary landings?!?  Yes!  I do!  Evochron Mercenary!  ;D

Started a new campaign from scratch.  First shot is my starter ship approaching New Hope:

Second, a shot of my final approach towards the main planetary trading city.  It was a foggy day planetside:

Really don't know why I stopped playing this game.   :idiot2:  It certainly should keep me busy while I await Elite: Dangerous to go gamma/full release.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

The gate of death.

Maratha Confederacy captures Lahore.  The Mughal defenders massed their troops at the gate to prevent my forces from coming in.  They left the other side undefended so I was able to climb the wall unopposed and surround them easily. 

The Mughals are now left with only one province.  Soon, the liberation of India from the Islamic overlords will be complete.

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on July 31, 2014, 03:43:16 AM
All this talk about Elite: Dangerous got me thinking:  don't I already have a space game that features dog fighting and planetary landings?!?  Yes!  I do!  Evochron Mercenary!  ;D

Started a new campaign from scratch.  First shot is my starter ship approaching New Hope:

Really don't know why I stopped playing this game.   :idiot2:  It certainly should keep me busy while I await Elite: Dangerous to go gamma/full release.

You realize the wings on the starting fighter aren't attached to the fuselage by default, right?  :P  I went in and moved them around.  It's pretty cool you can move the parts around and customize the look of your aircraft.

I was scared away when I got my ass beat by the couple enemy fighters at the end of the tutorial walkthrough.  After trying and failing a couple times, I sat it aside.  I usually enjoy some difficulty, even require it.  But the beatings were so bad, I didn't feel like I could even get through the tutorial fight without a lot of practice or just getting lucky.  :o

Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
Quote from: RooksBailey on July 31, 2014, 03:43:16 AM

You realize the wings on the starting fighter aren't attached to the fuselage by default, right?  :P  I went in and moved them around.  It's pretty cool you can move the parts around and customize the look of your aircraft.

I was scared away when I got my ass beat by the couple enemy fighters at the end of the tutorial walkthrough.  After trying and failing a couple times, I sat it aside.  I usually enjoy some difficulty, even require it.  But the beatings were so bad, I didn't feel like I could even get through the tutorial fight without a lot of practice or just getting lucky.  :o

It has always baffled me why some developers do this in their tutorials, and worse still in their demos.  Why make a demo so frustratingly difficult that potential buyers will do a Nancy Reagan and just say no.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2014, 10:00:30 AM

Yeah, the last time this was pointed out, I surmised the ships in Evochron use transparent aluminum for their wing roots.   ;D  It is a strange design oversight after all these years.  I just stopped caring.  I figure, the dev gave us planet walking long before anyone else in recent memory (even Elite:D won't have that for an expansion or more), so I'll look the other way on this eccentricity in design   :) 

QuoteI was scared away when I got my ass beat by the couple enemy fighters at the end of the tutorial walkthrough.  After trying and failing a couple times, I sat it aside.  I usually enjoy some difficulty, even require it.  But the beatings were so bad, I didn't feel like I could even get through the tutorial fight without a lot of practice or just getting lucky.  :o

For me, the most annoying tutorial mission was the race.  I hate that stupid game where you have to rush through the twist-turny race track in space.  I always need to do that four or five times before I get it right, and then only after upgrading my ship to make it faster and more agile.  If it is the dogfight I am thinking of, I think I needed to upgrade my ship for that, too.  I'll let you know when I get there again.  It has been so long since I played this game that I am basically re-learning the game again.  It is strange: I was so stoked when the dev announced the implementation of planet walking, along with the more realistic weather effects, but as soon as the patch was released I stopped playing it.  LOL!   :idiot2:
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

W8taminute

Nice screenshot jomni.  That must have been one bitter battle but I'm glad you prevailed in the end. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Asid

War in Pieces

GDS_Starfury

Some WoT action on the new Prokhorovka map.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

^Nice!  You drivin' a Hummel in that screenie?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

jomni

Gives a new meaning to the word POOP DECK

RooksBailey

Still working my way through the tutorial for Evochron Mercenary.  So much I forgot about this game. 

Here: my refitted ship (added some Class 5 engines and Class 4 wings to win that frightfully annoying race mini-game) prepared to dock at a station nestled in some dusty rings:

I would later pass through the rings on the way to clean a solar array.  Took a shot out of the left side canopy:

Dusty.   :)

BTW: the dev released a new update today.  Nice to see he is still working on the game.