Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Boggit on August 26, 2014, 06:23:04 PM
Quote from: jomni on August 20, 2014, 01:14:38 AM
The Vietnam War scenario for ATG is pretty good. Though there's something wrong with the scoring. But it's a minor point.

My unfinished ARR. I really have restart this one.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1792.0
I remember that,. It was pretty cool. :)

Near Chir Station (BoS):

W8taminute

Nice, were you flying the Lagg 3 when you took down that HE-111?

Yesterday in War Thunder I was flying an HE-111 when I got bounced by a PE-2 at 15 angels.  He was on my six and fired just a very short burst but that resulted in the loss of my dorsal tail gunner.  Despite my juking and weaving without that tail gunner I got peppered really bad.  I made it back to friendly territory somehow and the idiot decides to ram me when he realized that I wasn't dying from lead poisoning and getting close to friendlies. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on August 27, 2014, 07:03:24 AM
Nice, were you flying the Lagg 3 when you took down that HE-111?

Yesterday in War Thunder I was flying an HE-111 when I got bounced by a PE-2 at 15 angels.  He was on my six and fired just a very short burst but that resulted in the loss of my dorsal tail gunner.  Despite my juking and weaving without that tail gunner I got peppered really bad.  I made it back to friendly territory somehow and the idiot decides to ram me when he realized that I wasn't dying from lead poisoning and getting close to friendlies.

I was flying the LAGG3-29 (apparently the -35 is much better) -- but with 20mm guns how can you go wrong?

I set up a quick mission: 4 LAGG3s against 2 109g and 4 He-111 (LAGGs at 1500 meters 8 km away and others at 1000 meters ).  The 109s climbed to the attack and were shot down and then the LAGGs made attacks on the HE 111:  I opened with an overhead deflection (I think I hit both engines), but ended up sort of colliding with a following bomber when I came back around (I bailed out).  The same happened with one other LAGG and two He111 escaped the melee entirely. 

Pretty fun.

the new map has lots of place names and I was somewhere near Chir Station when my plane lost some important parts.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The Bombing Run

I've been practicing my level bombing with the Heinkel He-111-H6 in IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad.  In this mission, I took up a lone bomber to 2,500 metres and planned to bomb a Soviet airfield on the northern end of Stalingrad.  Things didn't go according to plan.  I loaded up with a single, massive SC 2500KG bomb.  I usually take a more regular load of 16x 50kg bombs and I had some trouble getting the plane to stay level without over-tasking the engines.  I had dropped to 1,750 metres before I was able to stabilize my plane and throw on the level stabilizer and hop to the bomb sight. 

Cockpit view showing that I'm at 1,750 metres, flying at 290 kph.  The bank of horizontal amber lights indicate that I've activated the level stabilizer.

Here's the big-ass bomb.

I adjust my heading and line up on the airfield.  Weather's clear and I've got a good sight picture of the airfield through the bombsight.  There's a little smoke drifting in from Stalingrad but not enough to obscure vision.

The airfield is heavily defended by both light and heavy Soviet AAA and they start lobbing rounds at me while I'm still a few km short of the target.

Seeing as I'm flying straight, level and at a constant speed, they very quickly get the range dialed in and I take a hit to the left wing from a light AA gun.

A few moments later, I get caught by shrapnel from a heavy gun and the fuel in my right engine ignites.

The fire spreads quickly and I start losing control of the plane.  I don't think I'll make it to the drop point to hit the airfield but I am in line for an AA gun about 1km south of the airfield.  I make a hasty adjustment to the bomb sight and hope close will be good enough.

Bomb away!

About 2-3 seconds later, there's a loud WHUMP! from the right engine and I lose control of the plane.  It goes into an unrecoverable roll.  Three crew succeed in bailing out.

The bomb continues on its merry way.  Line looks good.

It buries itself in the snow.

And then unleashes a massive explosion, obliterating the Soviet gun.

The surviving Heinkel crew are treated to a hell of a show as the plane spins in next to the bomb explosion.  I don't imagine the reception they'll receive from the Soviet ground crew will be the most welcoming.

One He-111 for one AA gun.  Not the best trade.

jomni

So you got men manning the search lights but none manning the guns.

BanzaiCat

Nice pics! Interesting to see how the swastika on the tail is stylized...I understand why, but it always rubs me the wrong way to see something unhistorical like that.

Staggerwing

Since the devs hope to also sell the game in Germany (where the swastika is illegal to display) it's probably easier to do it that way than to release two different versions, knowing the modders will be all over that day one to offer new skins anyway.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 28, 2014, 06:28:49 AM
Since the devs hope to also sell the game in Germany (where the swastika is illegal to display) it's probably easier to do it that way than to release two different versions, knowing the modders will be all over that day one to offer new skins anyway.

I hope there's a Slim Pickens mod to get a cowboy on that big bomb.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: jomni on August 28, 2014, 02:14:32 AM

I'm not sure what's happening with ground forces.  At first, the devs said there wouldn't be any as including them would in game would allow players to kill them and that would give the game a more restrictive rating in some countries than it would get without human figures.  Pilots always bailed out unless the player crashed the plane into the ground.  Then the devs added multi-crew planes and you can see them getting hit and slumping over their stations.  They also added crew to some ground targets such as searchlights.  They're now stating that ground crew will be added in a later patch and released a short animation showing a Soviet infantryman running so hopefully this will be added.

http://instagram.com/p/r9JeX9S6Y_

As for the Hakenkreuz, as others have stated, the devs didn't include it as it's illegal in some countries.  The mods will sort that out right away.

They still won't say much about the SP campaign or release any missions to fiddle around with.  My worry it that it's going to be a rather lifeless affair much like the SP campaigns in ROF were.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  I dabbled in some MP battles but they're really nothing but dogfight servers right now and the guys flying in them regularly are the same lot that play CLOD, DCS, IL-2: 1946, and Aces High.  They eat most others for breakfast.  I'm pretty well versed in flight sims and can usually hold my own but these guys are brutal!  They're going to end up killing the MP experience as one quick look at the chatter will confirm.  You'll see a new player who just picked up the game on Steam log in, take off, and get lit up before he's even climbed 1,000 metres.  He'll complain about vulching and the hardcore will tell him to suck it up and learn to fly.  He logs off never to be seen again.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 28, 2014, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: jomni on August 28, 2014, 02:14:32 AM

I'm not sure what's happening with ground forces.  At first, the devs said there wouldn't be any as including them would in game would allow players to kill them and that would give the game a more restrictive rating in some countries than it would get without human figures.

Time to bash the Thought Police and their ever-encroaching political correctness laws again.  I got some choice words which I will spare you about it, and "Lawn Dart Legislation" in general.   

Just know that I fart in their general direction.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Skoops Bradley destroyed by eny fire. View from my M1A2Sep

AH64 Overwatch Blackhawk
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

AH64 Over-watch Black hawk Dismount

Black Hawk
War in Pieces

Asid

War in Pieces

Staggerwing

It looks rather angry. What did you do, step on one of it's babies?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys