Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

My Sopwith Pup in WOFF.

Patrol over Verdun, early 1917.

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2014, 11:36:39 AM
I've been dying to ask this - what are the big "haystack" things in the middle of the troops? They look like siege units or something - but can't be. Are they raised pikes?

It's just how the pikes were drawn during those times.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

M1A2 Gunners position
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on October 19, 2014, 06:26:15 PM
Great WOFF shots, Nefaro.

Thanks.  I often find myself ogling at the ground textures in WOFF.  I think they made the grass, fields, mud, roads etc look better, from altitude, than the equivalent in ROF even though the latter looks better in most ways.  Whomever created those textures for that old engine did a surprising job.

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on October 19, 2014, 06:26:15 PM
Great WOFF shots, Nefaro.

Quite wonderful.  I've been trying to drive trucks in the mud in Spintires:

RooksBailey

Quote from: Rayfer on October 19, 2014, 06:43:14 AM
Nice SOW screenies RB....I love that game and keep going back to it between the other diversions.

Thanks!  And yes, it is a great game.  I really think Norbsoft out Total War-ed Total War with their RTS engine.  And I think it is the finest ACW game ever made.  I plan on picking up the Brandy Station pack tonight just to throw some more money their way.   :smitten:

Here's a follow on shot of my brigade arriving at the scene of battle.  Here, the 3rd Pennsylvania Reserve open fire as my first regiment takes position behind some fencing:

Later in the fight, the Union commander moved in some troops to try and flank us.  I had to rush the 12th Georgia Battalion in to plug the gap:

I found this interesting note about the actual commander of the 12th:

Quote"Capers Henry Dixon, Lt. Col., Commander 12th GA
Battalion, Promoted Lt. Col. 11/15/62, Detached from 12th
GA July 63 to oversee impressed labor projects at
Savannah, Wounded 6/2/64 Cold Harbor, Retired 12/24/64,
Assigned to ordinance duty under Gen Gorges. 1870 census
list a Henry Capers living Savannah GA age 40. PR Applied
Fulton Co 9/14/05. Born 6/2/35, a GA resident since
5/6/57. Enlisted 2/23/62, paroled 6/9/65. Wounded rt hip,
physicians statement indicates nerve damage due to gun
shot wound rt pelvis. The wound occurred while engaged in
battle on Totopotomoy Creek near Bethesda Church, on the
left flank of Lee's lines. A board of examining surgeons
under Dr. Henry M. Brown Chairman relieved Col Capers
from field service. He was unable to mount and dismount.
He was assigned to ordinance duty, and remained on that
duty until the end of the war. One witness was Gen.
Clement A. Evans, others were A.W. Calhoon and R.G. Hitt.
J.M. Pace, an attorney from Covington, GA saw Capers
borne from the field, injured at Cold Harbor. Capers was
a witness for W.A. Goza in 1902, and was living in Putnam
Co."

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

This is a Pike and Shot multiplayer match.  I am Catholic while my opponent is Swedish in Lutzen. 
Sigh, despite routing a large portion of the Swedish army, I still lose because I lost more than 31%.  :-[

RooksBailey

They shoot horses, don't they?

This was the aftermath of one of the skirmishes in my first Brandy Station battle.  It was an interesting sandbox battle as it took over an hour before the two sides clashed - I love the slow pacing of SoW!  Despite the vaunted Confederate cavalry, we Union boys bested them! 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

jomni

New self-driving bus technology.  :buck2:

Last stop before my break in this rainy morning in Hamburg.

Rayfer

RB....your comment about SOW sandbox clashes taking time to play out and for the forces to actually make contact took me awhile to realize in my own games.  I had to set the scenario time limit much higher....some games  I started with a 30-45 minute limit ended without there ever being contact but that usually happened when I was defending.

BanzaiCat

Jomni, nice screens, but you must have the patience of Job to drive that thing around. I'd be wanting to run people over and cause mass mayhem.  :idiot2:

RooksBailey

Quote from: Rayfer on October 22, 2014, 06:47:57 AM
RB....your comment about SOW sandbox clashes taking time to play out and for the forces to actually make contact took me awhile to realize in my own games.  I had to set the scenario time limit much higher....some games  I started with a 30-45 minute limit ended without there ever being contact but that usually happened when I was defending.

Yeah, that actually happened in this battle.  My troops made a long march to the objective without any contact (these long marches seem much more frequent in Brandy Station for some reason).  We then sat on the objective for another 15 mins or so and captured it, all without even seeing the enemy.  Then the game officially ended!   :)  I was like "huh?"  We won without firing a shot?  I went to the options menu and toggled on the complete map view and reloaded the game and saw that the rebs were making an even longer, roundabout march to our location.  All in all, it took over an hour past the victory screen for the rebs to finally show up and attack!  Afterwards, I thought that experience was pretty cool because just like in real life, it was very much a "hurry up and wait" operation.   ;)  Great game.  Absolutely great wargame.

This was actually an interesting sequence.  When the battle finally started, my 6th New York Cavalry found itself matched up with (Jim?  ;) ) Cobb's Georgia Legion.  We kept playing a game of chicken where we would form up and make a charge only for one side or the other to break off at the last second.  Finally, both sides dug in and had at it.  The above was the culmination of the charge as our two forces crashed head to head.  My Union boys bested the rebs and they retreated past the creek and some ways away, where they dismounted and went into a defensive formation.  What was really interesting is how after ten minutes or so, Jeb Stuart himself galloped up and rallied the boys!   8)  They attempted a dismounted attack under his seeming guidance but soon fell back and retreated again.  Ultimately, they remounted, marched way around us  ;D  and re-entered the main battle to the north of us (this was an eastern flank skirmish).  My boys were too tired to pursue, sadly.

Such a great wargame.   :smitten:

jomni

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 22, 2014, 07:30:34 AM
Jomni, nice screens, but you must have the patience of Job to drive that thing around. I'd be wanting to run people over and cause mass mayhem.  :idiot2:

Actually between Bus Simulator (pictures above are form OMSI 2 which is the best of the lot), Train Simulator, Flight Simulator (FSX and X-Plane), flying is the most engaging.  Bus driving comes in second.  Train driving is the most monotonous as it's literally "on rails".