Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Nefaro on November 02, 2014, 11:00:29 PM
These 109s can't soak many bullets.  Especially in the radiator or fuel tank.  :))

I just had an idea for a game.  you play a top end flight sim with a full fledged campaign but, if you get shot down you get a whole fps game to get back to your lines.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2014, 11:30:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 02, 2014, 11:00:29 PM
These 109s can't soak many bullets.  Especially in the radiator or fuel tank.  :))

I just had an idea for a game.  you play a top end flight sim with a full fledged campaign but, if you get shot down you get a whole fps game to get back to your lines.

Maybe, in this case, I would've given my German self up.  Get shipped to a Midwestern farm in the US as a POW, have three square meals a day, and live the easy life.  Make sure I join the West German Luftwaffe after the war is over.  :P

Wait... scratch that.  I'd be in the Soviet Union.  Better to RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!

W8taminute

How cool a concept that would be though.  You'd have another game within a game.  Trying to avoid capture while sneaking your way back to friendly lines.  Red Baron kind of sort of had this dynamic albeit in an abstracted way.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

In the MMO World War 2 Online you can choose to spawn in as a Ju52 or C-47. You can load up your transport with a large group of other players who have spawned in as paratroopers and then fly them behind enemy lines. When you get over the target the Paras can bail out, drift down in their chutes, and once on the ground can start duking it out with enemy players over control of objectives. When you take into account the immense size of the playing area in WW2OL all kinds of crazy fights are possible.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Get some, baby!  Get some!  Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!   >:D

I probably shouldn't hang back here too long, directly behind the bomber with a tail gunner.   :idiot2:

jomni

Ambushing a soviet patrol.

But the horde is just behind them.

A totally lopsided battle / operation.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

jomni

Taking a break from Pike & Shot modding.    And here I am playing Samurai again in Mount & Blade Gekokujo mod.   Great work!  They pretty much transformed the game.

Initial skirmish

Changed the world map into Sengoku era Japan.

Lovely village.

Rallying the villagers and taking out some "abusive" samurai.

The arena became a dojo.  O0

More bandit hunting.  This time I'm fully armored with fire arms. 

Testing out custom battles. Meh.  The RPG is more fun and interesting.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 15, 2014, 06:36:18 PM
Taking a break from Pike & Shot modding.    And here I am playing Samurai again in Mount & Blade Gekokujo mod.   Great work!  They pretty much transformed the game.

Is that for Warband?  Or the original?

jomni

Warband.  You can look this up in the Steam Workshop. GEKOKUJO. Just found out about this.

Come to think of it, it has all the elements of the classic SWORD OF THE SAMURAI (in 3D).

W8taminute

I've been on a huge Warband kick lately.  Anno Domini 1257, Warsword, and others.  Now I'm gonna have to check out GEKOKUJO.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

My Cultist Empire in Endless Legend.  It's a little deceptive because the Cultists cannot build settlers or cities beyond their first city.  So instead they convert the minor races to their side and draw troops from their cities.  You can see the four cities I converted just to the north of my capital.

Ian C

Quote from: W8taminute on November 15, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
I've been on a huge Warband kick lately.  Anno Domini 1257, Warsword, and others.  Now I'm gonna have to check out GEKOKUJO.

I recently discovered this game and I'm very impressed. FPS/operational/strategic game all in one. Graphics are not top-end but so what, the game play is wonderful. You can stick at being a mercenary or become King? Hell yes. Fought in my first tournament, , leading my first company, training up my troops, won a siege and I'm working my way into Nord Society's good books.  I cannot wait for the Viking expansion. This is the game I've been looking for. Can't believe I missed this...

Looking forward to checking out the mods.

Nefaro

Quote from: Ian C on November 17, 2014, 03:45:10 AM

I recently discovered this game and I'm very impressed. FPS/operational/strategic game all in one. Graphics are not top-end but so what, the game play is wonderful. You can stick at being a mercenary or become King? Hell yes. Fought in my first tournament, , leading my first company, training up my troops, won a siege and I'm working my way into Nord Society's good books.  I cannot wait for the Viking expansion. This is the game I've been looking for. Can't believe I missed this...

Not sure how populated it still is, but I've had great fun with the Napoleonic Wars expansion in multi-player.  There are some servers that would support over 100 players so there could be some pretty big battles.  I think the most popular ones were 'Siege' where one side is assaulting the other holed up in various small forts or walled farm.

I've still got it installed on my computer.  Haven't logged in for awhile, forget I have it sometimes.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2014, 05:30:36 AM
Quote from: Ian C on November 17, 2014, 03:45:10 AM

Not sure how populated it still is, but I've had great fun with the Napoleonic Wars expansion in multi-player.  There are some servers that would support over 100 players so there could be some pretty big battles.  I think the most popular ones were 'Siege' where one side is assaulting the other holed up in various small forts or walled farm.

I've still got it installed on my computer.  Haven't logged in for awhile, forget I have it sometimes.

Napoleonic is great.  It's a good combination of FPS and RTS.  ;)