Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Bison

^ That's one of the many things that make 4X games great.  Random map starting locations and the abundance or lack thereof of resources.  The thing I love about that starting location Martok is that it plays into my favorite initial strategy in a 4X game - Turtling!

Martok

Thanks guys.  Yeah, this has been a fun campaign so far -- spiders notwithstanding.  :P 

I couldn't believe how both those Shards were right there at the beginning; my Sovereign started literally right next to that Water shard.  About the only way it could've been any better was if one of them had been an Earth shard (as Earth magic is my Sovereign's specialty -- I designed him; he's based loosely on myself), but I'm obviously not complaining.  ;) 

Quote from: Bison on December 15, 2014, 06:26:12 PM
^ That's one of the many things that make 4X games great.  Random map starting locations and the abundance or lack thereof of resources.  The thing I love about that starting location Martok is that it plays into my favorite initial strategy in a 4X game - Turtling!
Agreed, on both points!  Turtling is nearly always my favorite starting strategy in 4x games as well, and all those nearby resources has made doing so particularly easy this time around.  8) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JudgeDredd

My last few games of Elite:Dangerous have looked like this

And if not that, a mixture of reboots or blue screens (well, one anyway)
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on December 15, 2014, 01:47:29 PM
Life is good!  O0

My first look at the Spartans (near Korinth, winter 431 BC).  The outnumbered Athenians beat a combined Spartan-Korinthian Army.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 16, 2014, 10:54:57 PM
Quote from: Tuna on December 15, 2014, 01:47:29 PM
Life is good!  O0

My first look at the Spartans (near Korinth, winter 431 BC).  The outnumbered Athenians beat a combined Spartan-Korinthian Army.

The Royal Spartans (having stayed when almost everyone else in their army had fled) at the beginning of the 3rd attack on them.  Eventually  a handful of them got away.

GDS_Starfury

you are only allowed to speak in stoner haiku.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 16, 2014, 11:12:18 PM
you are only allowed to speak in stoner haiku.

Go tell the Spartans we overran them here
   speaking only in Stoner Hiaku
   mentioning the seasons such as
   Winter
   in puffs of smoke

BanzaiCat

MengJiao tried the task
English taught by Starfury
World implodes soon

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro
Dogs of War mission. Screens by Renders

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Caribbean!  My gunners suck.

MengJiao

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 17, 2014, 09:55:40 AM
MengJiao tried the task

Huge fleet of Spartan Transports getting sunk.  In the end they were all sunk:

jomni