Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

Some shots from the firs US campaign mission.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Well, considering I was talking about the timer being the bane of my life, I just completed this mission in 30 minutes (about 3 hours of real time!).

Strange though...I don't have any units in two of the objectives and there still seems to be quite a few Ukrainian units about

And total victory

Alba gu' brath

panzerde

The Ukrainians surrendered. You don't have to have units in the objectives to get credit for them in that case.

I rarely fret about the clock, and this is why. If you beat the enemy you'll achieve the victory conditions regardless of actually having boots in the objective area.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

Quote from: panzerde on February 01, 2015, 12:22:56 PM
The Ukrainians surrendered. You don't have to have units in the objectives to get credit for them in that case.

I rarely fret about the clock, and this is why. If you beat the enemy you'll achieve the victory conditions regardless of actually having boots in the objective area.

Yeah.  That's how I'm approaching this game.  They will surrender and give you the territory if you deal enough damage.

undercovergeek

Assault on Heng Dai -

Royal Marine Commandos are sent to capture the town

Vital anti-air assets are sent to protect the marines

A snap shot is taken at approaching enemy vehicles

A Gazelle recon chopper is called in to scout the advancing enemy

2nd Platoon lands on the shores of the western edge of town

Whilst enemy forces advance on 1st platoon to the east

Enemy infantry fail in their attack as the commandos return fire

Defeated on land the enemy launches air attacks on the dug in marines

Asid

Nice Screenshots UG.

Thank you
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Nice one.  O0

I liked the idea of that game but the speed put me off. The first and second ones were pretty frenetic and I couldn't keep up. I know there's a slow mo on this one, but not knowing how configurable it is (how many settings) never enticed me to buy the game.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 08, 2015, 12:07:37 PM
Nice one.  O0

I liked the idea of that game but the speed put me off. The first and second ones were pretty frenetic and I couldn't keep up. I know there's a slow mo on this one, but not knowing how configurable it is (how many settings) never enticed me to buy the game.

Its only $13 in the humble store right now, I have been tempted myself, but like you I have a feeling way too fast for me even with the slow mode....

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/wargame_reddragon_storefront

undercovergeek

i cant do fast at all - i booted ALB first and realised id pressed the wrong icon - no speed alteration - cant do it

JD there is bullet time which is almost pause, very slow, slow, normal and fast - theres nothing you couldnt react to in bullet time - in fact TBH i go into bullet time as soon as i make enemy contact so i can see what it is and how to counter it

Having devasted a flight of Lynx below him, the SU27 pilot is caught by surprise by the hidden AA units

Armour is called to the front to deal with the attack on the beleagured commandos

Who are holding back the enemy with dwindling ammunition stocks

The tanks tear into the enemy flank

Incoming napalm for the commandos

But they too run into the AA based around the factory complex

Our own air is forced to evac in the face of heavy enemy air defense

With a weakened flank the SAS are called in to capture the enemy airfield and deny them airspace

JudgeDredd

^ oh man...it's got Challengers!  O0
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 08, 2015, 03:09:06 PM
^ oh man...it's got Challengers!  O0

It's got shitloads of stuff.  Part of the reason it's so fun.   ;)

undercovergeek

yup, this is my British deck - im going to look into a US one next, and hope beyond hopes theres an A-10 in there!

jomni

im having a hard time with the campaign there because the formations are very specialized instead of mixed. Like hoe to defend a region with just Arty?

undercovergeek

Sorry Jomni, i cant offer any advice there...........

Hidden enemy AA units en route to the airfield ambush the SAS, the command chopper is taken out immediately, the rest of the choppers try and make emergency landings in the opening

But the ambush is deadly, 32 members of the SAS and all their helicopters are lost

The armour finds itself in the rear of the enemy attack and starts to pick off targets

A Chinook carrying the last survivors of the SAS disaster is attacked by an Su25 and destroyed - a sad day for the regiment

But the armour find themselves unopposed and take down the last of the defenders - the day is won and the town is ours

Jarhead0331

I had totally forgotten how awesome the Wargame series is...I know what I'm doing this weekend!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18