Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 25, 2015, 08:02:27 AM
Next up will be the Russians because -

• Hind
  • Spetznaz troops
  • A 'baddie' deck to try out, and then try one of my Allied decks against it to see how the AI handles it

and ATGMs galore.

The Russkie roster is huge and a lot of fun.

undercovergeek

it looks awesome - i see the Akula helicopter in there too - like a kid in a sweet shop

i did find out that ALB AI wont use custom decks - no biggie, i wonder if Red Dragon does

-budd-

I don't have Red Dragon yet and wasn't going to buy it,but now that the speed thing is solved....thank you thank you thank you I'll be picking it up when on sale. Can you play skirmish without any navel units? Not really interested in the navel aspect.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

The Wargame screens are really nice.  But when I play, I never zoom to those views.  :'(

GDS_Starfury

the Homeworld series got me into the habit of pausing often and zooming in on different parts of a battle just to take in the beauty of it all.  try it.  you wont be upset about the results with this game.
HW had a "cockpit view" key where you could fly along with any ship and watch from the cockpit/bridge.  I wish ALB and RD had the same. Id love to watch A-10 runs from the front seat!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

Quote from: jomni on February 26, 2015, 02:15:37 AM
The Wargame screens are really nice.  But when I play, I never zoom to those views.  :'(

every skirmish is recorded to your profile like a film - all im doing is watching the film back and choosing juicy scenes Jomni

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 26, 2015, 02:26:09 AM
the Homeworld series got me into the habit of pausing often and zooming in on different parts of a battle just to take in the beauty of it all.  try it.  you wont be upset about the results with this game.
HW had a "cockpit view" key where you could fly along with any ship and watch from the cockpit/bridge.  I wish ALB and RD had the same. Id love to watch A-10 runs from the front seat!

you cant get real close up behind the plane but youre right - no cockpit view - it would indeed be awesome

undercovergeek

Quote from: -budd- on February 25, 2015, 09:44:27 PM
I don't have Red Dragon yet and wasn't going to buy it,but now that the speed thing is solved....thank you thank you thank you I'll be picking it up when on sale. Can you play skirmish without any navel units? Not really interested in the navel aspect.

just pick the skirmish maps that dont have a naval aspect Budd, or if as i suspect, RD lets you pick custom decks for the AI, dont put any naval units in your decks

undercovergeek

Sergei, a day in the life of Russian Spec Ops

Briefed on certain death mission to enemy rear lines to find command vehicle - General's previous attempts have all ended in disaster. Mount up in shiny white helicopter against green background - i'm doomed

Go from 6 o'clock in a clockwise motion to 12 o'clock avoiding all enemy contact - riiiiight

Hug the canopy as much as possible said the Air Major

Keep hugging, keep hugging

Exit shiny white death machines as enemy artillery reveals its location

Runnnnn to the hilllllls - dun d'ner dun d'ner..........................

............ruuuuuun for your liii-iiiii-iiiiife

Command vehicle spotted

SERRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately Ivan gets off a RPG shot on the vehicle and blows it up - good news - awesome Spec Ops action, bad news - it was the only command unit the AI brought - game ended after this!!  :-[

This last pic doesnt convey the action you miss from up above, Ivan went on to run toward the vehicle, threw a grenade, knelt down, pulled the RPG over his shoulder, fired, and ran off into the hills - i would have loved this guy if the game hadnt ended right there

Nefaro

LOL.

Someone should've told the ground crews of those Kamovs that the winter camo wasn't appropriate for that time of year.  ;D

Sergei!  NOOO!

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on February 26, 2015, 05:46:39 PM
LOL.

Someone should've told the ground crews of those Kamovs that the winter camo wasn't appropriate for that time of year.  ;D

Sergei!  NOOO!

Maybe that's Naval version.

In Soviet Russia, camo paints you!

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on February 26, 2015, 05:46:39 PM
LOL.

Sergei!  NOOO!

Oh dear:

Devastator in Trouble (from the Old Il-2):

Staggerwing

Is that Pacific Fighters or the IL-2 46 compendium? Were aerial torps modeled in game? It's been so long since I played.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 28, 2015, 10:23:12 PM
Is that Pacific Fighters or the IL-2 46 compendium? Were aerial torps modeled in game? It's been so long since I played.

It's the compendium.  I do recall getting torpedoes to work in the old Il-2 at some point, but it might have been a mod or something.  I've just reinstalled off steam
so I don't know what really works in this version.  The Devastator looked okay (perhaps it was added relatively late and somehow accidently doesn't look so bad
graphically).

Staggerwing

I've always had a soft spot for the Devastator since I was a teen after reading about the death ride of Torpedo 8 at Midway, hence my current choice of avatar.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Some War Thunder shots.

Bf109G-14 ...

Dodged some bullets up high.

Fw190D-13 diving into a fight below.

On the run-in again, but my wingman got him first.