Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Is it ftp and downloadable just like the others?

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 27, 2015, 10:08:08 AM
Is it ftp and downloadable just like the others?

Yes, Armored Warfare is free-to-play download. 

It's actually less gold-gouging than the others.  I think the only things you need to pay money for is Premium time (for bonus xp & credits), Premium vehicles (also bonuses), and Converting extra XP from the fully unlocked vehicles to be used elsewhere.  All those seem to be a bit cheaper too.  Not sure about retraining crew, haven't needed to.  Basically just the extra rewards offers are charged for, and completely optional.

For example... there is no "Gold Ammo".  You don't have to pay for extra "Garage Slots" to keep more vehicles.. you get to keep them all by default!  Definitely more customer friendly f-t-p.

It just hit Open Beta (no more wipes!), so it hasn't had the many years of polish done that the others do.  But I'm already impressed with what they've done this early, and they're much more communicative & responsive. 

As with any other transition from WW2 equipment to Modern stuff, be aware that it is more deadly.  Which is great because I always hated getting a new vehicle and having a shitty weapon that was far outmatched by the armor of the new tiers I was then being matched with.  Such painful module grind is pretty painless in AW, thank Cthulhu.

Staggerwing

Is that a drone flying behind the red/white tower in the first screenie? If so is it player controlled?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 27, 2015, 09:11:07 PM
Is that a drone flying behind the red/white tower in the first screenie? If so is it player controlled?

Yes, it is.  Good catch.

No, they're not player controlled.

There is lots of background eye candy going on, to add to the atmosphere.  Some of the most notable is a match that begins with a C-130 getting spectacularly shot down by a SAM.  Another is an island map with an ongoing naval battle in the background, with ships launching countermeasures against incoming missiles.  Explosions. Etc. 

You'll regularly see various types of helos and attack aircraft fly over.  I recall seeing Chinooks and Frogfoots, possibly others.  Some have mentioned being able to actually hit the helos but I've not bothered wasting ammo in the attempt since they are fluff.

For beginners:  Tier 3 or 4 is where the fun starts in AW.  The first couple are.. okay.. but they don't have much of the fun toys until around 3+

Asid

From Graviteams Halloween promotion for SABOW

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

MengJiao

Barthheart

Rayfer

BH...is this the new Decisive Campaigns game that's in Beta testing?

Asid

Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa  8)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Barthheart

Yup. Preview coming soon....  :)

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

MengJiao

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on November 14, 2015, 10:38:51 PM

CLOD -- Sound locator:

Is that for finding the strange Trumpeting From The Sky phenomenon?

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on November 15, 2015, 08:20:47 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 14, 2015, 10:38:51 PM

CLOD -- Sound locator:

Is that for finding the strange Trumpeting From The Sky phenomenon?

Nah, just a Ju88, which I ended up crashlanding while the airfield flak shot down a Hurricane that had just blasted my poor Ju88.  The sound locator busily tracked all that, it seems.