Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on February 25, 2016, 06:45:53 PM
From "Atlantic Fleet". The red line from Graf Spee is indicating that HMS Exeter is being targeted.

Incoming shell from HMS Ajax that just fell short:

Nice!

Here is the Thermopylae from the same game:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 25, 2016, 11:37:04 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on February 25, 2016, 06:45:53 PM
From "Atlantic Fleet". The red line from Graf Spee is indicating that HMS Exeter is being targeted.

Incoming shell from HMS Ajax that just fell short:

Nice!

Here is the Thermopylae from the same game:

Denmark Strait-- Here the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen come out of the sun, collide and get straddled by a broadside from Hood:

jomni

Red Flag Mission 4. Did a sweep for an OCA strike. Bagged two MIG-29 myself out of a total of 8. We lost 5 Hornets and 2 Eagles.

IronX

Barkmann's Corner is one of my favourite CM Normandy scenarios. Normally I keep him on the corner and wait, but this time I took the fight to the enemy. Despite being killed pretty early on because he was unbuttoned, his crew did pretty well. Barkmann was the only German casualty.

jomni

Bardolph

Getting ready for some WWII "miniatures" with Tabletop Simulator.
This is a map for a Crossfire scenario from the Balagan website:
http://balagan.info/crossfire-at-position-four-the-village-p-scenario
Just a test run to see what is possible, most of the terrain came from a low poly terrain mod already on TTS, all I made for this so far is the terrain "bases" which Crossfire uses to define terrain elements. I've since added more types and will be doing more buildings and other features as I relearn some 3d modelling.

Edited to add: the grid is removable, I only had it on to help translate the map over.

Rayfer

Father Ted

Sorry to be that person, but why not play Combat Mission?

Bardolph

Couple more with some figures borrowed from one of the Axis and Allies mods:

I'm working on doing some low poly figures of my own, the folks importing these models are using stuff that is way to detailed for the purpose. You don't need  60,000+ poly models to play Axis and Allies lol.

When its working its pretty damn fun. Lots of mods already out there, mostly boardgames. But I think it has potential as a miniatures platform, and it will be fun to play some games with folks I can't otherwise meet across a game table. If anyone wants to give it a try hit me up, most of the people online are playing something called Secret Hitler. Lots of 2 minute attentions spans, which puzzles me as to why they would buy a boardgame "simulator" in the first place.

Bardolph

Quote from: Father Ted on March 03, 2016, 04:35:21 PM
Sorry to be that person, but why not play Combat Mission?

Why should I not play Crossfire? Or ASL? Or PanzerBlitz? Or Combat Commander: Europe? Or Rapid Fire? Or Battlefront WWII? Or Panzergrenadier? Or I Ain't Been Shot Mum!  Or any of the other countless WWII tactical level games out there that aren't Combat Mission? Should we bin all of those because "Combat Mission"?    ::)

CMBO was good, best thing on the computer at the time, but it was not the end all be all of WWII tactical gaming then and it still isn't now.

I think Crossfire is one of the best WWII tactical games going, miniatures or otherwise. And now I can play it with folks I've only known online that are too far to game with in person.

Edited to add something that struck me while mucking the barns ( a very contemplative time, mucking ;) ):
One actual reason I might prefer this to Combat Mission is rules. Combat Mission you play what they gave you. And that's it. You can't change anything you might disagree with. On the other hand miniatures rules in particular and boardgames to some extent have a long tradition of "house rules".
For example, when CMBO came out I was pleased with the order delay concept, only I thought it really didn't go far enough. But the vast majority of complaints on the issue were that it existed at all. So it was severely dialed back, if not removed altogether. Nothing I could do to mod the game to make the longer delays I would have preferred. On the other hand, a lot of people don't like Crossfire's armor system as Arty kept it simple on the basis you are an infantry company/battalion commander and shouldn't really be buried in the finer details of tank fighting. So there are a large number of variant rules floating around out there, and you are free to use or not use any of them you might desire.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Bardolph on March 03, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

When its working its pretty damn fun. Lots of mods already out there, mostly boardgames. But I think it has potential as a miniatures platform, and it will be fun to play some games with folks I can't otherwise meet across a game table. If anyone wants to give it a try hit me up, most of the people online are playing something called Secret Hitler. Lots of 2 minute attentions spans, which puzzles me as to why they would buy a boardgame "simulator" in the first place.

I'm definitely up for giving it a whirl. 

jomni

It just simulates the table right?  All the rules enforcement are outside?

Barthheart

Quote from: jomni on March 03, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

Correct.

Bardolph

Quote from: Barthheart on March 03, 2016, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: jomni on March 03, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

Correct.

Yep, even more so than VASSAL from what I can see so far.