Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on August 14, 2016, 08:36:09 AM
No Man's Sky

I've read a lot of reviews on Steam that for the most part warn players not to waste their money on this game.  A majority of the reviews that bash the game point out many crashes, particularly upon game startup.  They also point out that after a while the game becomes repetitive and boring.

For those here who have the game what are your experiences so far?

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=13936.180
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Found an interesting ship (background). Only one slot more than my current starter ship (foreground) but it's loaded with good equipment.  If I get to repair them.

Sir Slash

ACW 2. Late April 1863. After trying unsuccessfully to batter our way into Richmond the previous summer, the Union Army gave-up and resorted to surrounding the city instead. An operation now complete. As you can see in the screenie, the Confederate capital is now totally isolated. The problem is there's a huge Supply Depot there along with 5000 Strength Points worth of defenders. I don't know enough about this game to know for certain if the depot can sustain so many troops indefinitely or, if they will begin to run out supply and die of attrition. I suspect the former so, that means I will have to go in and drag Bobbie Lee out by his long johns. If... I can find a Union general that will not issue contradictory orders and resort to a defensive stance.  :tickedoff:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

SS....Lee has himself quite an army in Richmond. But how does he keep it supplied? Nice screenie...!

bob48

If he decides to hit little Mac and Ben Butler, you may have a hole in your lines.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Mc Dowell's Army has 3134 Strength Points and uses 155 Supply per turn. Lee's Army would need probably 200 or more per turn to maintain itself. After looking more closely at Richmond's facilities-- Level 4 Depot, Level 3 Harbor, numerous factories and the city itself, it's very possible it can support Lee's entire force without problem. Dammit. So far the Confederates have made no move to stop my investing the city so most of the forces there are probably the city's 'locked' defensive troops and cannot move. But there's a big-ass fort defending the city so taking it will be bloody. I've got about 6000-7000 Strength Points of forces around it total-- not enough for a huge advantage.

But if I can get them into the Richmond region itself, and out-number the Confederates, I can get a majority Military Control of the region and THEN the city will begin starve. But my forces would have to stay on Offensive Stance to do this and none of the Union commanders seem to want to do this. They like Defense, which won't get me the control I need. Tough Nut to crack.

Still, a great game. Thanks for the interest guys.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 01, 2016, 04:02:51 PM
Ah, if I only looked at the web gear a bit closer I might have guessed that.  Really should keep my glasses on.

Ah!  Here's a P40E from Battle of Moscow:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 19, 2016, 09:33:43 PM

Another P40e-1 from Battle of Moscow (in RAF North African colors):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 19, 2016, 10:10:05 PM

Bf110E2 in Iraqi colors.  This type might have been among the P40's first victims when the P40s straffed Palmyra in May 1940.  The P40's first appearance in combat.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 20, 2016, 03:13:16 PM

Bf110E2 in Iraqi colors.  This type might have been among the P40's first victims when the P40s straffed Palmyra in May 1940.  The P40's first appearance in combat.

And a Ju88 in Mediterranean camo (battle of Moscow).

Staggerwing

Those Iraqi Messerschmitts were flown by German pilots in a unit similar to the Condor Legion in Spain in the 30's.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

My current city in Glory of the Roman Empire...

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 20, 2016, 09:04:42 PM

Those Iraqi Messerschmitts were flown by German pilots in a unit similar to the Condor Legion in Spain in the 30's.

The Luftwaffe incursion into Lebanon, Syria and Iraq never really attained the stability of a full arrival in the theater.  The attempts by the Luftwaffe and the Italians to intervene in Iraq via Lebanon and Syria lasted about two weeks and didn't do very well.  The Commonwealth attacks on Palmyra for example were hitting a kind of intermediate staging area from the very beginning.

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity-- Some new enemies from the White March DLC. Ice Trolls-- very tough, and a 'Lagufaeth', a big Fish-Man with four arms. With four arms the Lagufaeth can fight and cast spells at the same time but really aren't dangerous unless in a pack. Ice Trolls on the other hand are a real bitch to deal with... because they're Trolls. And made of ice. The Fishmen however just might make the greatest, and greatest tasting, Sushi Chefs of all time.  :2funny:

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 01, 2016, 04:02:51 PM
Ah, if I only looked at the web gear a bit closer I might have guessed that.  Really should keep my glasses on.

And a Mig3 on final approach for a landing: