Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tpek

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 26, 2016, 09:21:31 AM

Classy, yet dangerous!

Neat.

I should really get back to that game sometime.

Dammit Carl!

Its a grindy sort of thing, I admit, but I've never played a game like this either so its all kind of new to me.  Wish they had a 74u as a weapon option so I could have my AKpalooza  be complete and give you an option of being able to go prone too.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on December 09, 2016, 11:08:43 PM
What game is that?

Heros and Generals...Which I was happily playing in June.  Now its Ironclads two!  Here my Chilean casemate ironclad (white thing in the distance) has caused a major leak in this old, Peruvian monitor-style ironclad:

WallysWorld

Quote from: MengJiao on December 29, 2016, 09:45:07 PM
Now its Ironclads two!  Here my Chilean casemate ironclad (white thing in the distance) has caused a major leak in this old, Peruvian monitor-style ironclad:
I've been thinking of buying the second version of Ironclads. How do you like the game?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on December 29, 2016, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 29, 2016, 09:45:07 PM
Now its Ironclads two!  Here my Chilean casemate ironclad (white thing in the distance) has caused a major leak in this old, Peruvian monitor-style ironclad:
I've been thinking of buying the second version of Ironclads. How do you like the game?

It's better than Ironclads I and it is cheap and there is some way of systematically moding the game (which I have not tried).  On the other hand, the Ironclad games are definitely very bad games in every possible way.  At the rate the improvements are going, in a few hundred years Ironclad 20 will be an okay game about the Sino-Japanese war of 1894.  In perhaps 400 years Ironclads 40 will be a good game about Byzantium 1904.

I like Ironclads two on the scale of playing about 1-2 hours a week maybe, but then my taste in games is kind of odd.

W8taminute

First practice session for a new hire of mine and boy did she do well!

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

WallysWorld

Quote from: MengJiao on December 30, 2016, 05:49:36 AM
I like Ironclads two on the scale of playing about 1-2 hours a week maybe, but then my taste in games is kind of odd.
Thanks for the info.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on December 30, 2016, 11:34:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

Plus, it looks like Ironclads II might have a problem running under windows 8.1.  But that might be due to my attempt to do some mods.

KyzBP

Quote from: W8taminute on December 30, 2016, 10:31:55 PM
First practice session for a new hire of mine and boy did she do well!

This game has it's hooks into me pretty good right now. :smitten:

BanzaiCat

^ I'm eyeing it from afar, like a creepy stalker.

KyzBP

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 31, 2016, 06:39:13 PM
^ I'm eyeing it from afar, like a creepy stalker.
It usurped Car Mechanic for the top spot on my Holiday Playlist.  It truly is a "just one more turn" type of game.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 31, 2016, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on December 30, 2016, 11:34:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

Plus, it looks like Ironclads II might have a problem running under windows 8.1.  But that might be due to my attempt to do some mods.

And anyway, Shogun2 Fall of the Samuri still has the best Ironclads:

undercovergeek

Endless Space 2

On entering a new system each planet comes up on a mini preview............

..............before rolling back to a broader view of the new system

There are tons of quests like Endless Legend before it, and similar to Stellaris' quest based advances - all expanding on a broader theme tied to the lore of your race

One of my poor scout ships, sent into a fight it couldnt possibly win, the damage here is progressive, she was shiny and pristeen when the fight started. Not learning my lessons from Civ 6 i built scouts and no military ships, when the aggressive races came calling, i didnt stand a chance