Borderlands 2 Loot Codes

Started by Arctic Blast, October 26, 2012, 11:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

If you're playing this (and you damn well should be), Gearbox is throwing out loot codes on Twitter this weekend. The schedule for code releases is :
This weekend, we'll be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 on the Borderlands Facebook and Gearbox Software Twitter!

We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT
    Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT
    Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT
    Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT
    Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT

Each code will be active for three hours from its initial posting and will be usable once per account.

To learn more about SHiFT codes, Golden Keys and how to redeem them, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com

For example, the one that went up at 11PM Central (and is valid until 2 AM Central) is this :

KJWT3-FXFBC-5XJJB-TTB3T-6TRCH

You don't even have to be a Twitter user. Just check the Gearbox Twitter account at or soon after those times to get the codes.

Start up the game and go in to Extras from the main menu. The top entry in that section is Shift Codes (which is what these are). If you don't have a Shift account, you can now create one...and doing so from in game actually gets you another golden key (which is what the codes give you). Once you have an account, enter the latest code within 3 hours of it appearing. It's the same code for everyone, so no worries about having to be first or any crap like that.

Go to Sanctuary. For every golden key you have, you can now open that perma-locked weapons case in the fast transit station in the center of town once. It might be guns, grenade mods, shield mods, grenade mods...anything. But whatever it is scales to your level.

I just landed myself a 7,000 point shield and a Singularity grenade mod putting up 9,500 or so damage. I also entered the latest code, but I haven't used the key yet (you need to enter the code within 3 hours, but there's no need to rush to use the resulting key. Some people have saved these in the past for weeks before redeeming them).

Nefaro

Is this an attempt to get you to register & like them on some social network?  Or to "Register" you contact info with them?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Nefaro on October 26, 2012, 11:49:46 PM
Is this an attempt to get you to register & like them on some social network?  Or to "Register" you contact info with them?

You create an account for the codes. No financial info or anything like that, so use a throwaway email address and you're golden.

FrontierCybrarian

Arctic Blast, thanks for providing this information.

To me, without a doubt, you are the Grogheads Borderlands 2 Champ. I'll bet you've already played it through once with a character and are now trying a different one to see how that works out. I'm taking my slow time, when I get the chance (family priorities), and at level 22.
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

Arctic Blast

Final PC code of the weekend : C3WT3-W96BK-K6JTB-JB3JJ-3J6CS

That's valid until 6 PM Central Time.

Quote from: FrontierCybrarianArctic Blast, thanks for providing this information.

To me, without a doubt, you are the Grogheads Borderlands 2 Champ. I'll bet you've already played it through once with a character and are now trying a different one to see how that works out. I'm taking my slow time, when I get the chance (family priorities), and at level 22.

Well, hold off on the champ talk until I actually beat the damn game at least once.  ;D

Speaking of which, I'm now Level 33. Finally found myself a ridiculously good shotgun and assault rifle, so my arsenal is pretty much set for the time being. And I just finished a mission where most of the major characters in town are handing me gear for the final battle. So I suspect I'm close. Or will be, once I stop dicking around with the side mission finding tapes that reveal bits about Handsome Jack's past. It's actually pretty interesting, since it reveals that he was behind all of the stuff in the first game as well...Angel was also the one talking to the characters in that one.