Main Menu

Steel Armor

Started by MIGMaster, February 21, 2012, 10:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I understand how the basics of all these work, including the US rangefinder and the ye olde MkI RF on the Russian tanks.  It's mostly just being stumped on how to use the interface buttons to do it. 

Such as sending range info to the gunner.. well, there's an on/off rt-click on the RF buttons (which also shows your set range on it) but I never get any confirmation when I Lt-click on it.. dunno if it just automatically does that when I have it rt-clicked and set to ON .. or what.  *shrug*

The manual gives you the basics but doesn't really explain how these critical interface buttons work very well.   I'm just kinda left AND right clicking a couple of these buttons and not even sure if it's doing what I want.  Need some clarity on how to operate the interface and not necessarily how the real thing works (the latter is the easy part!) :D

jomni

Oh... I never play commander and give range to gunner because of lack of feedback.    I exclusively play gunner because of this.

Nefaro

yeah... that's probably the best way to go.

The most frustrating part of the commander seat is the lack of feedback.  And I'm not sure yet, but the beta update may have facked up target designation there, too, as I can't seem to get my gunner to shoot at my desginated targets anymore unless they're at close range.  >:(   I'm like "F U Jobu, I do it myself!"  ;)

Nefaro

New beta update posted at simHQ.  1.3b