!MECHAGODZILLA VS COSTA RICA! (Kaiju-a-go-go comes to Steam)

Started by JasonPratt, April 26, 2015, 11:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Since this game is basically Pacific Rim except with one (robotic not organic) monster, I watched PR tonight. (A sequel of which I've heard confirmed is coming; a game was coming, too, but I haven't heard any more about that. Probably deferred now until the sequel.)

In the first 15 minutes, there was literally more kaiju fx (including the giant robots) than in the whole of G2014.

That's just sad. I mean great for PR -- that movie gets better every time I watch it -- but really? They made a 2-1/2+ HOUR movie about Godzilla and two other monsters, with less than 14 minutes of kaiju total (including only around 8 minutes of the title monster total). Same studio even! But PR is the vastly the much superior film in every way I can think of.

We can only hope G2 will be the film G2014 should have been. I don't see evidence yet to hope for that. :( But I want to hope for that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!