Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

Sounds like WG is giving away some premium ships to lure inactive players back.  Been inactive for a while and did not get the email.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPDa-t6STo
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

steve58

Quote from: Geezer on August 21, 2021, 06:23:27 AM
Sounds like WG is giving away some premium ships to lure inactive players back.  Been inactive for a while and did not get the email.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPDa-t6STo

I think you have to be inactive for at least 6 12 months before WG starts throwing free stuff at you.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 20, 2021, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 19, 2021, 05:52:32 PM
Quote from: Geezer on August 19, 2021, 03:14:03 PM
And the dumpster fire is still burning:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimLV4i3EqQ&t=270s

I am just a casual player...I put a few hours in once a month and might spend $5 on the game once every six months.

So all of this angst just leaves me scratching my head...guess I'm just not that into the game.

My biggest issue with the game is that it starts to get very "samey" after a while.

Same here.  I play for a few weeks every few months.  And not very "seriously" even then.

But seriously, there is HMS Emerald experiencing what seem to be some newly-added wave effects:

steve58

Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.

Effective March 31 the company transferred its live games business in Russia and Belarus to local management of Lesta Studio that is no longer affiliated with Wargaming. The company will not profit from this process either today or going forward. Much to the contrary we expect to suffer substantial losses as a direct result of this decision.

We will be completing the operational transition with all due speed while remaining in full compliance with all laws and ensuring the ongoing safety and support of our employees. During the transition period the live products will remain available in Russia and Belarus and will be operated by the new owner.

Wargaming has also started the process of closing its studio in Minsk, Belarus.

We will be providing as much severance and support as possible to our employees affected by the change.

Despite the magnitude of this decision, we as a company are confident in the future of our business and are committed to delivering quality games to our players.

Wargaming announces decision to leave Russia and Belarus.

https://www.ign.com/articles/world-of-tanks-wargaming-russia-belarus

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: steve58 on April 04, 2022, 06:06:59 PM
Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.

Effective March 31 the company transferred its live games business in Russia and Belarus to local management of Lesta Studio that is no longer affiliated with Wargaming. The company will not profit from this process either today or going forward. Much to the contrary we expect to suffer substantial losses as a direct result of this decision.

We will be completing the operational transition with all due speed while remaining in full compliance with all laws and ensuring the ongoing safety and support of our employees. During the transition period the live products will remain available in Russia and Belarus and will be operated by the new owner.

We will be providing as much severance and support as possible to our employees affected by the change.

Despite the magnitude of this decision, we as a company are confident in the future of our business and are committed to delivering quality games to our players.

Glad to see this. I had made the personal decision to uninstall and stop all purchases. Based on this, I'll head back in.

Now I wish that Gaijin would do something similar.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 05, 2022, 03:51:37 PM
Quote from: steve58 on April 04, 2022, 06:06:59 PM
QuoteOver the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide. The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.

Glad to see this. I had made the personal decision to uninstall and stop all purchases. Based on this, I'll head back in.

Now I wish that Gaijin would do something similar.

Well...my son has taken over my old steam id, so I'm starting over with games like World of Warships.
It seems very different than when I first started five or six years ago.  Anyway, here is the same old
HMS Caledon:

You cannot view this attachment.

steve58