Main Menu

FRIDAY, Rise!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 27, 2017, 06:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Holy crap, first time I've been able to start a Friday thread...unless one of you buggers ninja'd me on it and I missed it!

Anyway...B-17 Queen of the Skies fer shur, maybe painting some of my Shadows of Brimstone minis, too.

MetalDog

And you even did it right!  Good job by you, B_C.

This weekend is our p&p D&D on Saturday night.  I am in the midst of drawing maps, typing stories and getting NPC's together.  We are approaching the final descent into Wave Echo Cave.  Any non-D&D game time will probably be spent searching for the damned Moors in Medieval 2: Total War and trying to overcome the cheating AI that always threatens to excommunicate me if I finish off France or Milan.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Oh yes...if Monday counts as part of the weekend (eh, kinda sorta), I'll be playing DnD for the first time since 1991 or so, this coming Monday. So I guess that sorta counts, too, except to Napoleonics elitists like Cyrano. ;)

Nefaro

If I play anything MP at all, it will likely be:

DCS

or maybe Il-2: BoS

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro link=topic=18775.msg498531#msg498531 date=148551864
or maybe
b]Il-2: BoS[/b]

^^^This^^^^

Maybe some Attila and Civ VI on the side.

undercovergeek

Welllllllllll, kind of right - the vid doesn't show on my phone or iPad suggesting a wonky 'brant can fix it' link but almost!

Not understanding the mechanics of the wood elves or the beast men in totalhammer war im watching let's plays of both and the urge to play is burning my fingers, but I've just completed the dwarves and have moved on to others for now.

I'm really enjoying my latest game of endless space 2 and given an uninterrupted session with it could probably finish my first campaign there

Men of war assault squad 2 vanilla and call of duty mod also beckon

Nefaro

Also been studying up on FFG's Star Wars tabletop RPG here & there.

Because there's a good chance I'll probably run Play-By-Post RPG session(s) with it here on the forum.   :nerd:  If I'm confident enough in the off-site special dice roller we need to use.

BanzaiCat

SDR and I have been trying to do a Tabletop Simulator version of Rebellion for a few weeks now, but every time we schedule it my time gets jacked up. :(

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 27, 2017, 07:15:09 AM
SDR and I have been trying to do a Tabletop Simulator version of Rebellion for a few weeks now, but every time we schedule it my time gets jacked up. :(

Sweet baby Skywalker!  Won't that take about 4-6 hours to play?  Probably a lot more the first time.

Rayfer

Finally getting into Sow: Waterloo and now wishing I had pulled the trigger on the two expansions for 50% off during the Matrix holiday sale.  Also playing Polaris again, determined to figure out the tech research part of the game.

Barthheart

PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: ReForged with OJsDad... My Russians are currently getting stomped pretty badly...  :(

PBEM Labyrinth with SDR ... he's writing about it in the boardgame AAR section if you want to see my flailing about as the US... :P

Need to finish up the beer holders for my game table. Gaming weekend coming up next weekend...  :D

Squeeze in some Civ VI with a Giant Earth mod with true start locations.... it really huge and puts a strain on my 16BG system.  :D

Dammit Carl!

Not sure what I'm going to bugger with. The Division by default but I'm eyeing trying out a Vietnam mod for Insurgency that looks pretty tight - or maybe the Faces of War mod for Arma 3.

I'm looking to do a crossover thing with the group I'm with that has first-person-shooter elements but in a historical combat environment, so if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let 'em fly.

Gusington

Getting my arse kicked by a prison break misssion in Metal Gear Solid V. The game is a triumph but the Afghan setting is pretty depressing...something about it gets me down. Also have Door Kickers and SWAT 4 teed up.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

:bd:y
Quote from: Gusington on January 27, 2017, 08:19:24 AM
Getting my arse kicked by a prison break misssion in Metal Gear Solid V. The game is a triumph but the Afghan setting is pretty depressing...something about it gets me down. Also have Door Kickers and SWAT 4 teed up.

Wait until you get to Africa...you'll be crying yourself to sleep.

DCS with the new Viggen module, Endless Space 2, Swat 4, Empyrean: Galactic Survival, and Vector 36 in VR, if I can keep from throwing up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Freyland

Where the hell do you guys find the time....

Will try to squeak in some Long War mod tune in Xcom 2.