Art of Combat - Anzio 44 ----- Competition for Steel Division?

Started by Destraex, March 04, 2017, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Not sure if this has been posted before. It has been in development for over a year as far as I know.
What I am interested in is if anybody here is part of development or knows what is going on with it. It has been
in development for some time. Looks ok but also at the same time it is certainly not looking to be a state of the art engine at least graphically.
I was just thinking today that it might come up against steel division later this year. Considering it should be nearing the end of it's development cycle? If that is 2yrs long?

http://tacticalartofcombat.com/gallery.html
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

sandman2575

There's been some discussion of this. Tim Stone mentioned it in one of his RPS Flare Path columns some time ago -- that was the first I became aware of it, though it kind of dropped off my radar.

It looks terrific, and the comparison with Steel Division seems apt. No idea where it stands in the development life-cycle though. Maybe a 2017 release? Maybe next year? Would love to know.

I love the board game concept -- reminds me of the Hegemony games, which do a beautiful job of seamlessly transitioning between the 'board game' strategic level and traditional RTS when zoomed in. I'd be happy if Anzio '44 featured something similar.

acctingman

I've been watching this too. The developer(s) aren't giving too much info out there days. I'd be shocked if this didn't come out until 2019

Zulu1966

Well from what I understood - I am hoping its nothing like steel division is likely to be. its much more combat mission like in historical fidelity not an RTS like wargame is.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Destraex

acctingman

acctingman

Looks like this game is dead....

From the moderator at the forums for TAoC.....

Dunno either shipmates.. Lost track of Shaun when went AWOL cpl years back.. Cleaned up some spam posts here and at CSO. I emailed Shaun, no reply at any have for him. yes.. He has multiple health problems as many know.

All can do is clean up forums on my end from those forsaken spammers.. Shaun and the others were the ones doing the work.. U know who they are.. I pulled out early on as the historical researcher.

mark (Werf

sandman2575

jomni

I was sent an email about this due to my membership in closecombat.org back in 2015.
It claims to be true successor of Close Combat. Dev team involved in previous CC titles.

Destraex

jomni

Quote from: Destraex on May 11, 2017, 01:13:33 AM
I thought they were just modders of previous titles.

I guess you can say modders. If you consider the military variants of CC as mods.

Quoteby the Developers who brought you the CC Rebuilds
worked with the US and British military developing CC as a training
simulation.

Destraex

I had no idea that Sulla and co did CC marines. But yes I would probably consider it more modding just like every close combat game since cc5.