Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.

Started by Destraex, July 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

"Core patch 1: Arriving"...soonTM update.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Awesome news! Even if the campaign is in a 'very early state.' I was beginning to lose hope. Thanks Steve.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: steve58 on August 18, 2021, 04:11:33 PM

Sounds pretty good...this game might even replace "Rule the Waves 2" on my hard drive.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

The_Admiral

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 18, 2021, 09:36:24 PM
Quote from: steve58 on August 18, 2021, 04:11:33 PM

Sounds pretty good...this game might even replace "Rule the Waves 2" on my hard drive.

That I don't know, there are some unholy acts I might never even attempt, some of us have come as far as having dreams about RtW2 at night I must say :arr:

But sure thing though, the progress as announced is very encouraging - and by that I mean exciting indeed! :smitten:

Destraex

RTW2 - shivers. Unholy union of modern mega trendoid gaming corporate marketing machine and an old classic. Your point is made perfectly in my eyes.  :peace:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Destraex on August 20, 2021, 06:54:13 PM
RTW2 - shivers. Unholy union of modern mega trendoid gaming corporate marketing machine and an old classic. Your point is made perfectly in my eyes.  :peace:

WTF are you talking about?  Rule the Waves 2 is mega trendoid?

al_infierno

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 20, 2021, 08:02:06 PM

Pretty sure he's referring to Game-Labs getting acquired by a huge mega corporation.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 20, 2021, 08:02:06 PM

I mistook RTW2 for Rome Total War 2 sorry. Acronyms are a crowded vehicle of convenience that is often more confusing than not these days. There is no substitute for proper and thorough articulation. However I admit that in the context of this thread and the earlier mentioning of Rule the Waves 2, I should have realised RTW2 was Rule the Waves 2.  O0
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on August 21, 2021, 04:15:03 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 21, 2021, 09:32:13 AM
Quote from: steve58 on August 21, 2021, 08:57:20 AM
Does Rule The Waves 2 ever go on sale??

No.

:(

There is a new module in the works that will bring the game into the jet and missile age. I will probably get it then.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

:timeout: That new expansion might be just enough to push my wallet into the line of battle.  Time to give the RTW2 demo a re-look...

steve58

Forthcoming Patch Announcement

If you are the tldr-type, the very last line is "The patch is scheduled to arrive this week."  O0