Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

A monopoly on sex would be quite bad... universally bad, I'd say.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 08, 2020, 03:54:39 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 07, 2020, 06:13:55 AM
That's called a monopoly and they are pretty much universally bad.

So when you said this you were just referring to monopolies in the games industry then?

Are there some others you could remind us of

If you folks want to argue about this, have at it. Frankly, I'm not interested. *yawn*

The bottom line is, you love steam and seem to be grievously threatened by Epic. So carry on not using it. No harm no foul. My only point in posting here the other day was to state that their strategy has been smart and I think they are here to stay, for better or for worse.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

Life is honestly too short already guys.....

MC

Tuna

Quote from: glen55 on January 07, 2020, 05:51:10 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 07, 2020, 06:13:55 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 07, 2020, 01:38:35 AM
Good!  Let's hope the decline continues!

Why would you hope for this? Their existence will only threaten the competition if the competition fails to adapt or offer a superior user experience. Jeez...are you in favor of a single company controlling the entire market share of anything? That's called a monopoly and they are pretty much universally bad.

The economy would pretty much croak instantly if we didn't have regulated monopolies delivering utilities. Can you imagine what the market price of water would be in a city?

Not to derail the conversation or anything, but I can't let "monopolies are universally bad" just sit there.

One good reason why Internet needs to be re-classified as a utility!

Pete Dero

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/207211/epic-games-store-sales-top-usd-680m-free-games-to-continue-all-year

Epic Games announces that sales on the Epic Games Store have now topped $680 million in total, and over a quarter of a billion dollars of that were spent on third-party PC games. They also say they have now given away 73 free games worth a total of $1,455, and that gamers have claimed over 200 million free games. Finally, they also announce they plan to continue to give away one free game per week throughout the remainder of 2020. Here's word:

Happy New Year!

New decade means new games and we're looking at a great start with tons of amazing titles coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in 2020. To kick things off, we're extending our weekly free game program throughout 2020. Every single week, come back to claim your game. Once claimed, it's yours to keep forever.

Thank you to the amazing players and developers for being part of the Epic Games Store community!

In 2020 we'll continue to lead the way in open and developer-friendly store terms, with 88% revenue sharing, support for developer and publisher payment systems, and keyless purchasing integration with Humble (more PC stores coming soon). On top of that, we're offering integration with Epic's platform-independent and store-independent online services with more than 300,000,000 customer accounts and 1,700,000,000 friend connections.

Epic is also helping developers support cross-platform play using the tools we built for Fortnite, with online play across PC, Mac, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, iOS, and Android. Dauntless from Phoenix Labs is the first third-party game with Epic-powered support for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch. Many more cross-platform games are coming to the Epic Games Store in 2020.

Jarhead0331

I told you their strategy was working. Nobody ever listens to me.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

I hope the freebies get better (my opinion).  I finally caved when they gave away Surviving Mars.  I've only grabbed a few (Surviving Mars and DLC, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, Superhot) and missed a few (Subnautica, Into The Breach) that I thought I might like.  A few others I already had.  Most of the freebies just seem kinda meh...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Ruh roh. I need to become extra vigilant. And well we all know how that has worked out in the past. I won't be able to convince myself that I'm not a games floozy forever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

MC

I have all 73 and have yet to play any of them.  :-[

BRING 'EM ON! I'm ready for a new batch of games I'll never get to. Just sad.  :(

Jarhead0331

just remember, folks...nothing is "free". You are paying with your soul.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I'm safe there...I have no soul.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2020, 09:59:20 AM
I'm safe there...I have no soul.
That's what the devil wants you to believe

Gusington

By 'devil' do you mean my younger daughter?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd