Wargamer.com Business Model Change

Started by inktek, August 25, 2021, 12:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inktek

After looking at wargamer.com traffic numbers since the abandonment of wargames (largely), it appears it was a smart business decision. Their traffic is up. I guess it is the changing of the guard as to what most people are playing today. Things change and a business has to change with it to survive. Wargames were the new thing at one point (roughly the 70's?). Remember the History Channel? You have to get the History Vault app to see much actual history now. I watch channel 417 on my LG tv to get my military history fix. I like both my wargames and some of the new stuff. New is OK. They may want to change the site name, much as Bundle Stars became Fanatical. It somehow seems wrong to keep the name, close to false advertising. FYI, my first wargame played was Panzer Blitz, then graduated up to Advanced Squad Leader. Tried Playing Drang Nach Osten (monster wargame) with my buddy. After two weeks of turn one setup his cat jumped on the pool table (overlaid with plywood so the maps would fit) and managed to defeat both the Germans and Russians in one night. Embarrassing to be defeated by a cat.

Jarhead0331

We are happy to have you. Please bring your friends.  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Cats....the nuclear weapon of boardgames.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The thing about playing board games with a cat is.....they REALLY hate to lose.  :hide:  Also, they eat some of the pieces.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.