Hiatus on New Game Buying

Started by Bismarck, February 12, 2012, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bismarck

As you know, I've written many game reviews over the last 20 years. I don't regret it. What I do regret is not getting good at some I really like such as Dangerous Waters, EU II, Making History, Dawn of War, Combat Mission..the list grows with each thought. Therefore, unless it hits an undiscovered period like the Wars of German and Italian Unification, I'm going to concentrate on the old good games instead of opening up new chapters.
Jim Cobb

Shelldrake

Quote from: Bismarck on February 12, 2012, 01:01:35 PM
As you know, I've written many game reviews over the last 20 years. I don't regret it. What I do regret is not getting good at some I really like such as Dangerous Waters, EU II, Making History, Dawn of War, Combat Mission..the list grows with each thought. Therefore, unless it hits an undiscovered period like the Wars of German and Italian Unification, I'm going to concentrate on the old good games instead of opening up new chapters.

I admire your resolve Jim! I am weak...oh so weak!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Let's see how long this lasts. Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai releases next month and it isn't that much of a stretch  to see an eventual mod for it on 1860s Italy or Germany!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I can't ever make promises like this, I break and impulse buy way too often in order for anyone to believe me anyway:)

Bismarck

Shogun 2 is fine but not a period that pushes my button. As a matter of fact, the whole TW series is nice bargain bin stuff for me - fun but not enough to buy first day. I admit if Western Civ comes out with something, I'll be very tempted.
Jim Cobb

Gusington

The next Shogun installment takes place in the 1860s. If modded I can see versions coming out on the unification of Italy and Germany!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2012, 01:46:56 PM
The next Shogun installment takes place in the 1860s. If modded I can see versions coming out on the unification of Italy and Germany!

Then they better refine their diplomatic and naval models. I'd really like to see WCS do he period or Paradox do a enhanced add-on to Vicky 2.
Jim Cobb

Gusington

I'm just starting a campaign of the original Shogun 2 now and I can say that both the naval and diplomatic pieces of the game are much better than anything CA have done in the last 5 years.

Take that ;)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

I'll take another look. I'm open-minded.
Jim Cobb

Gusington

Just wait til the next installment comes out. The combined better AI, better naval model, era and setting will really turn you on I think! SEXYTIME!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

OK, I just bought Shogun 2 but that doesn't count 'cuz Gus kinda threw down the gauntlet, implying the engine can be modded to mid-19th century Europe,

Gus, which DLCs make the most difference?
Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

Wow...this even beat my time of caving in :)

Bismarck

Doesn't count, doesn't count, doesn't count!!!
Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bismarck on February 12, 2012, 04:07:38 PM
Doesn't count, doesn't count, doesn't count!!!

So just to be clear....we are starting now......so you REALLY, REALLY are not going to purchase anymore games....starting NOW!   :)

Hartford688

Surely you are going to get Steam and Iron - a dreadnought buff like yourself?