Friday: the what youd like to play but will end up playing something else thread

Started by undercovergeek, September 28, 2012, 09:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'd like to play Shogun 2:TW but I can't because fuck you Creative Assembly!  Get AIDS and die in a ditch!

I'll probably play FTL, a bit of War Thunder, and drop in for some online Iron Front fun with the SimHQ guys tomorrow.

bob48

I've played far too much Warlock of late, so I'll give it a miss and play Warlock instread (maybe even a bit our co-op MP game, if Geek and Huw are both in the same space-time continuumumumum).

And some Nations at War, or maybe the long promised game of Normandy '44........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

I am actually totally lost.

The one thing I do know I'll do is try to finish off my B-17 model...apart from that - I'm really not sure.

Here's the list of things I could continue

OOTP13 LA Angels
CM:SF Brits campaign
F1 2012 season
Squad Battles:Falklands
GTR2 Season
ARMA II Campaign

I also want to fire up
Alea Jacta Est
DCS World and give BS2 or A-10C or the new SU a run out

Just too many things. So I'm not sure just now...all I am sure of is finishing the model.
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 28, 2012, 01:51:15 PM
I'd like to play Shogun 2:TW but I can't because fuck you Creative Assembly!  Get AIDS and die in a ditch!

Call it a hunch but I'd say you're not having any luck getting Shogun to run on your rig? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

I'm gonna go with AJE.

Also, I installed DCS: Blackshark as well as EECH with the all-mods mod so I'll probably spend some time with that as well.

Honestly, any number of additional games are possible, but I can't say right now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

Was out of town last weekend, so had no gaming time. This weekend is the wife's and my anniversary (#26 :o) so not sure how much time I'll be allotted ;).  If I do have some time, I'll be diving into AJE and FTL...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

^^Wow, what a mess.  I totally feel for you.  When problems like these arise it makes me wonder though if the developers really know what the trouble is but are unwilling to fix it because the fix would mess up everyone else's game?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on September 28, 2012, 01:55:08 PM
I've played far too much Warlock of late, so I'll give it a miss and play Warlock instread (maybe even a bit our co-op MP game, if Geek and Huw are both in the same space-time continuumumumum).

And some Nations at War, or maybe the long promised game of Normandy '44........

i am the sentinel, i am always here although having looked at the site stats im not quite as regular as i thought!

Its our Welsh friend we need worry about, lost in a world of heaving bosoms and snow......he'll never be the same again

Will you really look forward to a session with husky heavy breathing and the quiet sound of a welshman muttering boobs to himself all night?

bob48

Good points Geek - maybe we should join him in his world of heaving bosom, wooly-knicker wearing heroines - at least we can make sure he don't do himself any injuries...........

'Clip those corners'

spelk

I want to play Alea Jacta Est, but my mind is frazzled with a heavy cold at the moment, so I've just been idling a bit in Guild Wars 2, with a dabbling on the side of FTL.

That new Small General Eastern Front release on Android is pretty darn good, it's morphing less away from Advanced Tactics and more towards Decisive Campaigns! Plus I keep amusing myself with Dungeon Village, and I dug out my old serial code for Cortex Command, which has just been released on Steam after 11 years in development! (I bought it in 2006!)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bob48 on September 28, 2012, 03:26:46 PM
Good points Geek - maybe we should join him in his world of heaving bosom, wooly-knicker wearing heroines - at least we can make sure he don't do himself any injuries...........

Yes, you must join me in Tyria, it's for my own good!  God knows what I'll get up to without some guidance from those wiser than I. :)

Like this naked dance party that Ffion attended last night:

bob48

'Clip those corners'

bob48

lol - and who can blame him. We'll have to launch a rescue mission at some point mate.

'Clip those corners'